Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation 2
DreamStation 2
I was just delivered the DreamStation 2 replacement and I used it for the first time last night after entering my prescribed settings.  My AHI was 6.2.  I bought a Fisher & Paykel SleepStyle about a month ago because of concerns relating to the DreamStation 1 recall.  My AHI over the last month with the SleepStyle was 2.47.  Prior to using the SleepStyle, my average AHI over 5 months with the DreamStation 1 was 4.6.  Should I increase the minimum pressure on the DreamStation 2 or make any other adjustments to lower my AHI?  Or, should I just go back to using the SleepStyle as my primary machine?  Obviously, I am unable to attach any Oscar charts since the DreamStation 2 isn't presently Oscar compatible. 

In addition, I am unable to pair the DreamStation 2 to my iphone DreamMapper app.  I had it working after considerable effort yesterday, but it disconnected and won't connect today.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steptoe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation 2
I also have a Dreamstation 2 as a replacement for my DS1. In the interim I used a Resmed Autoset 10 (which I loved), But switched to the DS2 when I received it as that is the machine my insurance company supports with supplies. Overall I really like it , except the humidifier chamber isn't as nice. Just have to be careful when filling and hooking it up. My AHI has been consistent across all three machines.(less than 2) so I'll stick with the program and the DS2
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not surprising that you experience different results with the SleepStyle and DS2 machines. They have different algorithms for managing pressure increases.

The Sleepstyle is very responsive to flow limitations and apneas (like ResMed machines are). If the DS2 is like the DS1, then it ignores flow limitations and instead responds to snores and apneas. So the SleepStyle will increase pressure before flow limits turn into apneas, while the DS2 may be waiting for apneas or snores and is thus slower to increase pressure to prevent further apneas. 

From what I have read, DS users think ResMed machines are too aggressive, while ResMed users think DS machines are too sluggish. In the end, it will depend on individual needs and responses.

Since you now have two machines, I'd use whichever gives you the better results (in terms of comfort, sleep quality, etc.).

Someone will correct me if I am wrong -- I'm not an expert at CPAP algorithms but have spent some time recently analyzing SleepStyle data for OSCAR.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really appreciate what you are doing with Oscar. I have been using the Beta with my SleepStyle and it is so nice to have the detailed data. I will probably stick with the SleepStyle for that reason—at least until you crack the code for the DS2. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,710 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,300 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.