Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions]
RE: DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions]
(04-23-2024, 04:27 PM)Olym19841988 Wrote: Does anyone have any new information regarding the timing of replacement of Dreamstation Go CPAP's? Obvioulsy, its been years. I called Philips today and got nothing. I'm debating taking the cash reimbursement ($500 for mine), but would hate to do that and then hear that Philips is replacing them soon.

If I take the cash reimbursement, what opinions do people have about the best (and QUIETEST) travel CPAP's? It would be a bummer to go with a different brand since I have 2 DS2 machines and might not be able to use the same tubing headgear and masks.

Thanks!

Philips will not send a new Dreamstation Go. Your only option now is the settlement. The Dreamstation Go is discontinued in the U.S.  See this related thread for details. https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...in-the-U-S
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions]
Earlier this year, I got an email that my replacement Go had shipped, but after several weeks passed, nothing arrived. I called Philips, and apparently the email was an error, and I inquired if the $500 offer was still available, and was told it is not.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2024, 04:42 PM)Tampa Jim Wrote: We've managed to get zippo. At this point, we've given up. We now have new bedside units, AirSense 11, and love them. We're still using our DS Go units for travel. They've never seen solvents, ozone, etc. since all of our equipment has been handwashed in very mild soapy water for years. Given the options, continuing with the DS Go, for travel, was deemed to be the best answer. We didn't like the ResMed travel unit - brick adapter, different mask requirement vs our bedside AirSense option, and spending another $2,500 for two units and matched supplies. At some point, we may end up with remediated units, but we're not holding our breathe, literally.

Thanks! Good to know.
Post Reply Post Reply
I cashed in on the $500 rebate/refund in lieu of waiting for a refurb unit for my DS-Go (figured it would be a few more years) and managed to get a tiny Transcend Micro on a special sale deal. Cost me about $100 out of pocket. I only used it for a night to test it out, and it seemed fine as a travel machine. A bit loud, but they all are. 

This whole ordeal left me with a profound sense of mistrust and disappointment re: these resp supply companies. I understand the urgency for replacing ventilators--that's obvious--but it seems to me that they tended to minimize the importance of CPAP to many of us. Yes, I get it that there were millions of units affected, and it's an enormous undertaking, but in matters of healthcare, there should be a higher standard and expectation of appropriate remediation. 

Just my 2 cents.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also threw in the towel and filed a claim.  After years of representing that they would be remediating Dreamstation Gos we ended up getting shafted. Appears that the only path is take the class action settlement. I bought a Breas Z2 as a temporary replacement when the recall started and I included the cost for that unit in my claim. It is not as elegant as the DS Go but good enough for short business trips.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CSA/What questions laokg 0 25 1 hour ago
Last Post: laokg
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,966 363,673 4 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 2 101 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
  EPR questions juniper 7 293 04-19-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 413 04-18-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 215 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 393 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.