Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamWear Nasal - Left nostril issue
DreamWear Nasal - Left nostril issue
I had been using a ResMed mirage for about 5 years and moved, new supply place suggested the DreamWear Nasal pillows. Weird at first from the change but I liked it and slept great.
One issue I've noticed though is often my left nostril, not sure how to describe it, is like flapping about. I checked, no hairs, mucus, anything.
It seems the first 2 months or so by chance I guess my left nostril was stuffed and right was fine. So now my body changed up the game and when I go to sleep my right is stuffed. So i have to put the mask on off center, and move it to the left to reduce that effect. Slow shallower breathing wont trigger it, so when I wake its fine, but initially going to sleep and breathing heavier is very annoying, causes tickling, etc.
This is with a size medium, so last shipment I asked to try some larges. This helps a little but it also seems a bit bigger so if I roll onto my side then definite leakage.
Any suggestions? i have a bunch of spares so I'm thinking to get nail clippers or wire cutters and try expanding the opening a bit towards the left side.
Anyone else have to do odd modifications like this?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,409 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 102 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 317 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 658 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 184 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.