Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamWear full face mask noise in magnet clips
DreamWear full face mask noise in magnet clips
Hi all,

I have an issue with the Dreamwear full face mask. I have a good fit but a lot of times I have high pitch sound deriving from the magnet clips. I need to move the clips a little to find the orientation that the sound stops. The sounds is not from the small holes, neither the 2 holes next to the clips. It is really coming from the magnet clip. It seems that air comes from the clip base itself.

Any clues? Shall I place some Vaseline in the whole to “grease” up the whole for an air tight fit?

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamWear full face mask noise in magnet clips
Maybe the clip isn't getting seated correctly for some reason? I know mine don't always click into place the first time when I put it on. I don't remember a whistling sound ever, but it will fall out sometimes. Maybe you have a defective mask? I only have about 2 month of experience with this mask myself, but, it hasn't been on the market very long according to what I've been told. Maybe there are still some bugs in the manufacturing process.

Sorry I couldn't be much more helpful, but there's my 2cents.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having the exact same problem.  I make sure the magnet is seated but it still does it.  I replaced the cushion and it did not help.  May try to find another brand.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have that problem with the Philips dreamwear full face cushion. I wish every mask came with the option for magnets or no magnets.
Post Reply Post Reply
They might be vibrating because magnetic clasps resonant frequency is triggered by the pressure.

You can change the frequency by changing the weight of the magnetic clasps. Maybe a coat of nail polish (compatible with plastic) or dab of silicone caulk.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,260 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 89 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,586 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.