Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation 2 encryption and HIPAA
RE: Dreamstation 2 encryption and HIPAA
https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-profession...index.html

So, looks like the associates are not required to provide info, but the covered entities are required to contract with the associates to make sure the data is available. So, I think this shifts to a conversation with my provider.
Post Reply Post Reply
No DS I agree. They are encrypting the data to protect our (the patients) data. There are protecting it from the people that make OSCAR or anyone else Right? Since OSCAR is not FDA certified to interpret the data. The question is who’s data is it. Mine or theirs? If it’s mine does the dream mapper app satisfy that access need?

Or is it moot since they are not a covered entity?
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
I am very interested in this as well.

My experience is on the ResMed side, where I compare the data that the machine recorded on the card with the data reported by MyAir. What I observe is that MyAir's relationship with the truth is kind of like used-car salesman "truthiness".

The underlying principle I think is actually informed consent, which way pre-dates HIPAA and is the bedrock notion that some medical professional can slice you open, etc., and it's not assault because you want them to for a good medical reason. The idea is that the patient needs to know what information the patient's treatment plan is based upon, and that without that information the patient cannot give informed consent.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME said they would provide the information to me if I requested it. Maybe I should.
Post Reply Post Reply
Request it, and let us see it, tell them you want to see the detailed report like you could see with encore.

then send it to the OSCAR team with a zipped SD card
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information [Admin Note] Apnea Board now operating under SSL encryption SuperSleeper 3 1,721 06-09-2023, 11:48 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,761 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,565 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
Arrow [Admin Note] Is there a HIPAA compliance attorney or compliance officer in the house? SuperSleeper 1 1,315 04-22-2022, 01:51 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Encryption key for DS2 data? cathyf 0 639 10-20-2021, 03:11 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,329 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino
  [News] New HIPAA Rules Fortify Patient Privacy ApneaNews 0 2,103 01-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Last Post: ApneaNews

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.