Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation CPAP but no AHI information?
Dreamstation CPAP but no AHI information?
Hi,

I am in Canada and was on a free trial using a dreamstation machine. It had information like AHI, mask leak etc. I thought I could get an APAP machine but they said because the prescription says CPAP, OHIP (health insurance provided by government) would only cover a CPAP machine. Anyways, I decided to stay with the dreamstation but noticed that it doesn't have all the information that was on the free trial. I found out there was a clinical menu but still no way for me to display AHI.  

Is there any ways to display this info? If not, is there a way to update the firmware so I can see this info?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation CPAP but no AHI information?
Depends what model you have.

The DreamStation Pro will be able to give you complete data, but if you were given a
DreamStation Cpap, then this model cannot give you any data.  It is what we call a “Brick.”

Check here to see what DreamStation you have.
https://www.apneaboard.com/cpap-machine-...espironics

https://www.apneaboard.com/dreamstation-...structions

You can order a Clinicians manual here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Firmware updates are found in the Private Files and Links Forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OHIP (if that is Ontario) lists ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her (incorrectly) as a CPAP. That is the CPAP that you want to get!!!.
Post Reply Post Reply
So my model says CAX200. I guess that's just a regular CPAP machine.  Are you saying there's no hardware to collect any data? Or is the firmware on the device limiting the data collection?

Will applying a firmware actually unlock some of the features or am I out of luck?

Thanks.

Well my provider told me the ResMed Autoset for HER cannot be provided to me unless my presecription said APAP.  Now I'm not sure what to believe.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a snippet taken from the Apnea Board Wiki:
Not recommended (Compliance-only data capability) - Dreamstation CPAP (DSx200)
Note: The CA in the model number is for Canadian model. The model you have is also referred to as a "brick". Meaning it is unable to report detailed sleep data.

You may wish to review different machine and how they compare:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of these differences before. The provider gave me a free trial machine that showed AHI levels on the machine and now I have a machine that looks the same but doesn't.  The problem now is that I already purchased his machine and they submitted part of the fee to the government.  I just called them and said why didn't I get the same machine as the one on free trial and they said that's a more expensive package.  I just called the Assisted Device Program and they told me if the machine is listed for CPAP, they should cover it at the $860CDN price.  I then called back my provider and they are being snarky with me now saying I chose this package but they will have a manager call me either today or Monday.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok Jeff,

They did NOT deliver what you thought so stay squeaky, The machine you want is the "ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet for Her" As I said the Ontario Health System says in their list that this is a "CPAP" and of all your choices as CPAP, without question, this is THE one that you want to get. It is IMHO the best APAP out there.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Started CPAP treatment - Would like advice on my sleep study and OSCAR information Mythique 27 2,861 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Information About Knightbridge Dual Chin Strap - IMPORTANT cmpman1974 0 471 12-13-2023, 12:31 AM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  New CPAP user, help with Dreamstation settings IndigoLioness 10 847 12-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 516 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Humidifier - Basic information nobody writes about fotjon 1 626 10-15-2023, 02:52 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Question about how AirSense 10 acquires information. paulag1955 5 475 10-07-2023, 04:25 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 614 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.