Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Central Apnea detection
RE: Dreamstation Central Apnea detection
And one more

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
2 AM     - disturbed breathing - arousal
115 AM - PB - the breathing is a Central Pattern - I question the central on the right thinking it is actually another OA so all OA here
340 AM - These UF1s look like centrals, the 1st CA is a OA (effort in the middle), 2nd CA is a CA, the OA, is an OA

So pretty much they are what they say they are, at least close enough to treat.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your review.
I guess they're genuine OA's then.

It seems odd that I'd have frequent OAs (every night) on one machine (Dreamstation) and absolutely none on another (Resmed). My simple engineer brain is struggling, I like to understand things.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree 100 percent with you! I was on 12- 20 auto setting on my DreamStation. Would ramp up to 16 or so and I had zero leaks. I could not tolerate the higher pressure, the most I ever saw was 18 and it kept me up all night. I tried for a week straight to get through it and could not. My AHI would not be below 9.9 or so at that setting. When I went in to discuss with my doctor we discussed that I actually did better and the machine recorded better numbers at the lower setting when it was on fixed 12 setting. We agreed to try a fixed 15 setting and man it has been wonderful! AHI of 1.2 almost every night and I sleep like a baby now. Still think the machine is mis-recording events but I am very happy with these recent changes and coming from 114 an hour during my study to 1.2 now in less than 4 months, I will take that!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I'm certain that it's reading events incorrectly at higher pressures.

In my post #11 it has marked an OA on the right hand side of the graph and raised pressure even though you can clearly see that no OA is happening. A 6 second pause in breathing is not an OA by any definition. My Dreamstation Go charts are full of crap like this.
The OAs shown on post #10 are not OAs either, the flow rate is not flat, or anything close, at best they might be hypopneas.
The higher pressure cause more sleep disturbance junk and the cycle continues resulting in crappy sleep.

Limiting the maximum pressure does fix the issue, but I still maintain that an approved medical device should not be able to make automatic therapy adjustments when it cannot accurately determine what's happening with the patient, especially changes that make the condition worse. The inaccuracies are very pronounced in the Dreamstation Go at pressures above 12cmH2O (no leaks) in my experience.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 602 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,525 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,406 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 616 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 864 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.