Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Wellue Checkme Sucks & CTD
Angry 
Wellue Checkme Sucks & CTD
So far I am not digging the Wellue Checkme oximeter, at all

First thing was the stupid wrist band on this thing.

They don't use a typical buckle, it's a couple buttons that you have to snap to get the oximeter on your wrist.I had a heck of a time getting it on, imagine what it's going to be like tonight when it's dark!

And the USB port seems to be propriety as I can't locate a connection quite like it.

I did a few minute session, downloaded in their desktop app O2 Insight Pro.

I went into OSCAR and went to DATA/Import Viatom Wellue CSV Data

I pointed OSCAR to the folder where O2 Insight app saved the data, which OSCAR does not remember and I have to search for the folder every time I try to download the data!

And OSCAR crashed to the desktop!

I just spend over 200 bucks on this oximeter and I'm not feeling very good for doing it.

Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wellue Checkme Sucks & CTD
All new hardware, all new software is going to screwup, until it gets used to the new operator.

Given time I am willing to bet it starts behaving and will possibly become one of your best friends.

When you start sharing the same Checkme O2 Max with several family members and have to create separate Identities for each of the users this Pulse/Oximeter rapidly becomes an intuitive device, easily understood by the least cyber-savvy keyboard fingering bipedal humanoid (me). Then you think you're getting really slick and order a second Checkme O2 Max. Now you add a second unit identified by only a different unique ten digit serial number. Luckily only 100 units differentiate those two serial numbers, so I only need to pay attention to the last three digits. I am looking to add a couple of more units to the house hold so I do not have to swap units between users, thus simplifying the confusion factor of multiple users on the same Pulse/Oximeters.. 

The wrist band you will get accustomed to. It does not need to be as tight on the wrist as your smart watch. It gets easier as the wrist band gets broken in and your fingers get used to the dexterity skills needed to secure the two posts. I hope you do not have fat fingers.

The USB cable after I looked at it and realized my automotive dash mount GPS and a couple of my cameras took the same cable I relaxed and did not worry about finding a spare.

As for your conflicting software problems, refer to the first line of advice I put up above. I too was frustrated at first, but medical necessities' made me realize I would either get used to it or I would not be able to protect myself and other family members after a flu like but not the flu, nor covid respiratory infection hit our house last fall.

Since then I have come to really value the information provided, the O2 Insight Pro software, it's print outs and ability to import data to OSCAR. The ViHealth app on the smart phone that allows remote monitoring with audible and vibratory user selectable and settable alarms. The Bluetooth connection with ViHealth app allows the phone with real time updates to be monitored in the living room.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Post Reply Post Reply
The oximeter USB cable IS different from other USB cables. Comparing the Wellue/Viatom large USB connector to a regular cable with the same type of connectors, you will notice that the larger one on the oximeter cable is longer. This contains HID (Human Interface Device) circuitry for a "special" connection and not a standard USB serial connection. Other than data transfers, you can use any matching cable for charging your oximeter.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the smaller version, the SleepU . I agree with the comment that over time it'll become a good friend. But they are intimidating at first.

I came to it from a different direction, when my dad was in the hospital with a brain bleed and needed to go to an understaffed rehab on high flow oxygen. His oxygen was fluctuating wildly and he was panicked about the move to rehab because they didn't have oxygen monitors. I trusted the doctors because I've always been trained to when they said he would be fine without it, but my husband went online and found the device. My dad was right. It literally saved his life a few times for less than $200. At first the doctors and nurses didn't trust it and tried to convince us that it wasn't medical quality, but over time they became pretty impressed.

Now, I have extras that I lend out to people, and I sent my mom one at the beginning of the pandemic and got them learn how to use it in case they need to do it. I feel like as we get older every household should have one of these if they can!

I think I'm going to get my husband to write a small script that I can run which copies the data from the internal location to a folder in my documents. I do this manually now. Then it's easy to navigate there in Oscar. For now, I just leave two windows explorers open, one to the internal location and one to my document folder. I'll have to find it again Tuesday when I reboot, but at least I don't have to every day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - Unsupported O2s Francois1963 0 118 04-09-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Francois1963
  Wellue Checkme O2 & OSCAR Brewskie 6 614 04-06-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: BigWing
Question [Equipment] How does the CSV extract from Wellue SpO2 ring look like? Ayush Shrivastava 2 171 04-05-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Ayush Shrivastava
  O2 Ring vs Checkme O2 PaulaO2 48 2,636 02-24-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Importing Wellue Data Efficiently on Windows spudhorse 5 530 12-19-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Watchpat vs Wellue disagreement? lisaistired 10 916 11-16-2023, 04:21 PM
Last Post: lisaistired
  Should I be skeptical of this Wellue data? jocelyn 10 1,008 09-25-2023, 10:12 AM
Last Post: jocelyn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.