Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Resistance Control with an AirFit P30i nasal mask
Dreamstation Resistance Control with an AirFit P30i nasal mask
Good evening folks,

I've just acquired my new AirFit p30i nasal mask. In looking at the Resistance Control settings of my Dreamstation and I am assuming that if a Large Phillips nosepillow mask is set at X1 then an AirFit P30i Large should be too. 

I looked for an equivalency chart between Phillips masks and Resmed masks on the board and the interwebs and couldn't find it. 

I did see a post from 4 years ago that said just turn the Resistance Control off. 

Does anyone have suggestions/experience addressing this? I gotta' believe I'm not the first one that has crossed this bridge.

I'd be grateful for any advice. 

thank you,

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation Resistance Control with an AirFit P30i nasal mask
Jim, Resistance Factors are only published by Philips for Philips masks, and their guidance is to turn off the R-factor for non-Philips masks. It's perfectly reasonable to interpret an appropriate R-Factor for the P30i. To me, the P30i looks a lot like the Dreamwear Nasal Mask which has an X-1 R factor. I think you're on the right track, and you can always try it with the R factor off to compare.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try either and go with the more comfortable feel.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you both for the feedback... I've started with it off and want to give it a week.... it feels fine. 

A second development came out of switching to the nose pillows... my numbers have gone a little bazzoo nuts. I've attached the charts of the two nights up while using the pillows. 

Do I just pass this off as a change of equipment (Going from the wisp nasal mask to the AirFit p30i)? I expected a change but I didn't quite envision this.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Jim

PS... one other change, and I don't know if it makes a difference, with the nasal mask I had a short hose that connected to the 15mm main hose, I believe the smaller hose was 12mm (?)... with the Airfit I no longer have that stepdown hose... not sure if that would impact readings and performance or not.... JC

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think we're seeing a change in your sleeping position that has given rise to positional sleep apnea. Whether the connection at the top of your head is causing this, or some other factor, is hard to know. It may also be related to using a mask that flows through tubes along your cheeks, and you may be compressing the flow. It is not related to the short segment of tube. If I saw a significantly worse result after changing a mask, I would go back to the old mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleeprider. I suspected positional because of the clustering, but then my numbers doubled the next night.... Sigh... I like the comfort of the airfit frame. I'll try the old mask and see what happens.... clearly something isn't working.... Maybe I am looking for the wrong thing.... perhaps I should look for some more comfortable modified headgear and stay with the nasal mask..... 

Off to a good start on my facemask bits box (grin)

I appreciate your help with this...  

Jim
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 978 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,521 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 93 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,549 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 226 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,483 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,906 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.