Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation SD Card Question
RE: Dreamstation SD Card Question
Good to hear you had success. I just pulled those cards I tried out of my mixed misc pile of them in the desk drawer, so no idea of their speed class ratings.

I like using a micro card now, most excellent! I do travel some, so I'm also investigating buying a DreamStation Go, it uses Micro cards too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very good! I have also purchased and extra Micro SD adapter to keep in my computer. So it’s very simple now to remove and check. 

To anyone who reads this thread in the future this is a great alternative to using Flash-Air WiFi cards. It also reduces the wear on the SD slot in the machine. You simply buy a Micro SD card with a standard size SD adapter. I used a class 4 card (not sure if this matters.) Insert into the machine. The machine formats and adds the necessary files to the card. When you’re ready to check the card you simply leave the SD adapter in the machine and remove the micro SD card from the adapter. You can now check the files using SleepyHead or your favorite application! This test was done on a Dreamstation, but I would imagine as long as you can easily access the SD card in the machine it would work for others as well. 

-Jordan
Post Reply Post Reply
Some cheaper SD cards tend to give issues, but any name brand such as Sandisk should work fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
One user reported SDXC card didn't work "out of the box," but he formatted it to FAT on his PC, or some similar trick. I forget the details.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 02:40 PM)jrdnduvall Wrote: Very good! I have also purchased and extra Micro SD adapter to keep in my computer. So it’s very simple now to remove and check. 

To anyone who reads this thread in the future this is a great alternative to using Flash-Air WiFi cards. It also reduces the wear on the SD slot in the machine. You simply buy a Micro SD card with a standard size SD adapter. I used a class 4 card (not sure if this matters.) Insert into the machine. The machine formats and adds the necessary files to the card. When you’re ready to check the card you simply leave the SD adapter in the machine and remove the micro SD card from the adapter. You can now check the files using SleepyHead or your favorite application! This test was done on a Dreamstation, but I would imagine as long as you can easily access the SD card in the machine it would work for others as well. 

-Jordan

V good idea. I'm working round the wear on the SD slot using a SD extension cable but tucked neatly round the machine (not hung loose as shown). Will try the Micro SD adapter when either the cable gives or my supply of cards die. I'm just using an old 256mb card from eons ago but have 8Gb cards on standby. 

[Image: 0RISSte.jpg]
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
How badly or quickly does the SDcard slot in the DreamStation wear out? Have there been any confirmed cases of it wearing out or ceasing to function? Pending installation of a FlashAir connected wirelessly to my WiFi repeater in order to get my home network range extended to reach the bedroom (it's a long story), I've been removing, sneakernetting to my SleepyHead computer and then reinserting my SDcard on an almost daily basis so as to satisfy my OCD for statistics.
   Nervous
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2017, 11:14 AM)Sheepish Wrote: How badly or quickly does the SDcard slot in the DreamStation wear out? Have there been any confirmed cases of it wearing out or ceasing to function? Pending installation of a FlashAir connected wirelessly to my WiFi repeater in order to get my home network range extended to reach the bedroom (it's a long story), I've been removing, sneakernetting to my SleepyHead computer and then reinserting my SDcard on an almost daily basis so as to satisfy my OCD for statistics.
   Nervous

No idea but the mechanical mind in me says it will happen faster than the machine life if I keep playing with it everyday. But I guess after a year of therapy, I now just look at the lcd screen data in the morning for my hrs, AHI, leaks and periodic breathing figures. If all is "normal", then I hardly even transfer it to Sleepyhead, except when I feel I need to back up the data to my pc and/or do a sweep of the charts.  Rolleyes

The wifi solution is also brilliant, but I didn't want to try messing with my home network and spend the time troubleshooting the settings etc.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation not writing on card? Raven87 5 95 04-13-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Raven87
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 276 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 441 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dreamstation 2 SD card size? MontanaGoat 2 734 08-18-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: MontanaGoat
  Dreamstation question fby002 7 891 08-07-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: fby002
  Dreamstation 2 Question mawaw1992 5 565 08-05-2023, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Question Question on using a Resmed S9 vs a Dreamstation 1 nbdsv96 3 577 06-20-2023, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Psychotech

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.