Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation and Hose Sizes and Settings
Dreamstation and Hose Sizes and Settings
I've been using a Respironics Dreamstation Auto for about 2 years now with good results. The Doctor describes me as the ideal patient!

I've been using a 22mm hose since I got the machine. The machine was set for a 22mm hose and that setting was locked.

My newest order of supplies came with a 15mm hose. I came across and joined this site while researching the difference.

I learned how to get to the Provider's Menu and changed the setting to the 15mm hose.

Was this the correct thing to do and should I notice any differences after the changes?

Thanks for this site and any advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation and Hose Sizes and Settings
Is the new hose a Heated hose? The machine should automatically sense when a heated hose is attached.
And there should be no difference in therapy either way.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not a heated hose. It's a plain hose that I cover with a flannel sleeve to help prevent condisation in the tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2019, 10:51 AM)websterling Wrote: It's not a heated hose. It's a plain hose that I cover with a flannel sleeve to help prevent condisation in the tube.

If the machine let you change the setting from 22mm to 15mm, then there should be no problem.

A flannel sleeve is a good idea, but if you find it doesn’t keep the condensation down, you may in time want to consider a heated hose.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto what the others said. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 642 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  New CPAP user, help with Dreamstation settings IndigoLioness 10 807 12-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.