Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation not writing on card?
Dreamstation not writing on card?
I pulled my card yesterday from my Dream Station (purchased in April 2017 and replaced by PR during the recall with a ‘Refurbished’ identical unit) planning to download some data because I’ve been having trouble with higher AHIs, CSAs etc. Historically, my AHI has always consistently been .5 - 1.5 with an occasional 2 to 3 on rare occasions once I got it dialed in after I started using my Bipap DS.

However, in the last week I’ve been seeing much higher numbers in the 3 to sub 5 range. Then Wednesday night my AHI was 5.6 with 22 CSAs and 8 Total Obstructives - MUCH higher than normal. So, I wanted to get some charts. 

But - when I put the card in the reader and opened the contents it looked like nothing has been written? I saw several subfolders all identified with various capital letters but nothing like I recall seeing years ago?

Now this isn’t critical per se because my new ResMed AirCurve 10 will be here next week and my Dream Station will be put away. But am I missing something? Do I need to use Oscar or even my old SleepyHead app that I haven’t used since I first got my DS in 2017? 

Or - is my machine not recording the data any more? I’ll post a screenshot when I get back home. It’s just been years since I’ve gathered data so maybe I’m missing something!

I’m out of town having left yesterday so I don’t have access again to my iMac until next Tuesday. I do have my DS with me of course but I’ve definitely noticed the actual mask pressure I feel on my face at times does not feel nearly as strong as it used to be at times during the night and it’s actually awakened me, thinking the power gad gone out.

Any ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation not writing on card?
A few questions.  Which model(s) of the DreamStation did you have and currently have, DS1 and/or DS2?  What version of OSCAR are you using?

If you are using SleepyHead, as listed in your profile, and have a DS2, then that is your problem.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry. I have a DS1 and since I have an iMac I used the Finder to see what is on the card.
Should I use SH or just go ahead and download OSCAR since I will definitely use that with my new machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Any chance the SD card 'Lock' switch is set to lock which would prevent data from being written to the card?

[Image: unlock-sd-card.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
With an iMac, it appears that each update resets its security settings on remote devices. Since OSCAR, or even SleepyHead, is operating under a different user on the system, you will need to give it access permission to the SD card.

Also, SleepyHead was abandoned in 2018, I would recommend that you upgrade to OSCAR.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys. I checked the card but it was in the unlocked position. I’ll set Oscar up when I get home and then try to read the card again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation 2 SD card size? MontanaGoat 2 763 08-18-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: MontanaGoat
  [Equipment] What format for SD Card for Dreamstation 2 ttfespe 9 6,164 02-13-2023, 10:20 PM
Last Post: KSMike
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 958 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,788 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,583 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  How to get Oscar data from Dreamstation without SD Card SnoreFreeIWish 1 1,048 07-12-2022, 02:25 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 not writing data to SD card pjstout 3 2,728 06-29-2022, 02:32 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.