Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation questions..
Dreamstation questions..
Hi, I have been a CPAP user for may years, using a Resmed Aircurve V10 Auto, set to 16 and 12 (inhale, exhale) pressure.  AHI ran around 5.  A few weeks ago, I got a new Dreamstation Auto CPAP.  It is set to the same settings as my prior unit (16/12).  My AHI now runs around 10...  My questions are:

1)  Playing with the advanced menu settings, I was going to bump up the pressure to see what effect it had.  I saw it had an Auto BiPAP.  I set it to that wanting to try it out.  I checked again a few hours later and it was set back to the original settings and not in Auto BiPAP mode.   What is changing this back to the original settings?  (The new machine has a cellular modem.  The guy at the store said that may be setting it back, but also the SD card(?)  Does anyone know what is setting this back to the original settings?  I can remove the cell modem to try things out, but do I need to do anything to the SD card?)

2)  Where should AHI be?  I thought the target was <5, but recently, I thought my Dr. said <10 was ok.

Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation questions..
Do you have OSCAR downloaded on you PC? If you don't I would be great if you did. If not, it would be beneficial to you.

Also a copy of your sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation questions..
We like to see considerably under 5 for AHI
In the US under 5 is considered medically treated.
An AHI of 10 is like getting elbowed in the ribs every 6 minutes on average. How do you think that wi) impact your sleep.

On the settings getting chAnged, either you didn't actually change them or, more likely, the DME changed them back.

You do not want to go randomly changing settings on your CPAP, your medical team will likely say to never do that.

Your Dreamstation auto CPAP cannot be running the same settings as your VAuto!!!

The DS is a single pressure machine with the capability of varying that single pressure.
The VAuto is a 2 pressure machine that was providing inhale and exhale pressures that were 4 cmw apart that the DS cannot even come close to. By far the VAuto is a very much better machine.

Many questions about why the downgrade and post OSCAR charts from both so we can provide specific advice.

And I would tell your DME or clinic to not change your settings remotely.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 146 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,646 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,593 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.