Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation settings for new mask?
Question 
Dreamstation settings for new mask?
Background - 
I have changed from using a F&P Eson nose mask for the last four years due to AHI numbers slowly creeping up, and the cause appearing to be that I now relax my jaw more during sleep which allows air to escape through my lips and register as large leaks on the Dreamstation CPAP I use.

My new mask is a ResMed Airfit F20 full face mask.
I wore it for the first time last night and adapted easily to it, and slept for most of the 8+ hours I wore it.
However my numbers this morning are not quite as I had hoped for a first night with it, ideally I was hoping to below 1.. or below 2 at the very least.

To my knowledge the Dreamstation only has mask pre-set options available for genuine Philips Respironics masks, for all others the standard recommended mask setting is "OFF" ..
The Philips pre-settings are numbered 1 to 5 with no indication of what type of mask each setting applies to.

Does anyone have a list of the relevant PR mask types for each setting?
Or has anyone found a particular pre-set that works better with a non PR full face mask than the generic OFF setting?

I am guessing I will be back to playing around with pressure settings and various PAP/APAP options to achieve better results. Unsure

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation settings for new mask?
I'm not convinced these settings make much difference.
Phillips can't actually tell you what those settings do either, I've only ever seen some nonsensical marketing style blurb from them.
The PR FFM is 1 so I use 1 for every FFM, and 3 for every nasal cradle/pillow style.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2020, 03:15 AM)sleepyp Wrote: I'm not convinced these settings make much difference.
Phillips can't actually tell you what those settings do either, I've only ever seen some nonsensical marketing style blurb from them.
The PR FFM is 1 so I use 1 for every FFM, and 3 for every nasal cradle/pillow style.

I wondered as much.. I'm will try #1 at some point then, but I'm going to give it a week or so to build a base line with the same settings as I was using for the F&P Eson mask.
Thanks for the feedback.

If anyone has specific results with the F20 mask I'd appreciate information on what they have used as well.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ockrocket,

This probably isn't much help, and as you can see from the mask listings, this is an "outdated" chart, and I doubt the PR has ever updated it.

Everything with PR seems to be a secret, but you can sort of use it as a guide as to what setting to use on your machine.
When I was using my PR machine with my ResMed mask, I left the setting off.  They used to print the setting on the mask packaging, but I'm not sure they do that anymore.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=22160
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2020, 06:42 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Hi Ockrocket,

This probably isn't much help, and as you can see from the mask listings, this is an "outdated" chart, and I doubt the PR has ever updated it.

Everything with PR seems to be a secret, but you can sort of use it as a guide as to what setting to use on your machine.
When I was using my PR machine with my ResMed mask, I left the setting off.  They used to print the setting on the mask packaging, but I'm not sure they do that anymore.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=22160

Thanks Rose,

PR are still using the numbers on their masks, but without the list of mask types there is no cross reference for masks of other brands.

At least with that list I can make a rough guess and give it a try.

As sleepyp mentioned though, it most likely won't make much difference.. but it won't cost me anything but time to play around a little with it.

If my numbers continue to climb I will ultimately surrender my professional driving endorsements and close my hire car business.. I'm close to retirement age, not that they will pay me a pension anyway - and I was planning to still maintain a small customer base just to give me a bit of fuel money for my motorcycle riding and heading off with my camper van to go gold detecting.
Come what may, I'm not going to risk my private licence status by reaching the point where I'm non compliant to the medical conditions that apply to my professional status.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 259 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  New CPAP user, help with Dreamstation settings IndigoLioness 10 799 12-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Mask type in settings isn’t the mask I’m wearing 3k9BAO 1 414 11-15-2023, 11:31 PM
Last Post: eok361
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,058 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Need Help on Settings - DreamStation - Oscar Data 93celicaconv 2 501 09-15-2023, 06:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Dreamstation 2 settings MontanaGoat 4 388 08-15-2023, 08:57 AM
Last Post: MontanaGoat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.