Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear Cushion - Suffocation Feeling
Dreamwear Cushion - Suffocation Feeling
I’ve been using my cpap for about 10 days. (Got an upgraded machine after recommendation from this forum). 

My issue is now the mask. I’m on 10 and cannot tolerate the Dreamwear pillow. It is certainly the most comfortable, but feel like I cannot exhale, even with Flex on. Luckily, I have other masks I can use, but not nearly as comfortable. 

Wondering how others have dealt with this mask? Tried both medium and large.  

Any ideas???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear Cushion - Suffocation Feeling
I have the DreamWear pillow - this is the one that has a little rim that goes INTO the nose. There is one that just sits on the outside of the nose.  I can’t wear the one that my nose just sits on the outside, it leeks and I can’t stop it.   The pillows can get off center and the wall (that goes up into the nose) gets folded and cuts down on the flow.  I just keep pulling it down and repositioning it. Once it is in place it usually stays the rest of the night. Hope that helps you!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2020, 06:51 PM)Dedwin0927 Wrote: I’ve been using my cpap for about 10 days. (Got an upgraded machine after recommendation from this forum). 

My issue is now the mask. I’m on 10 and cannot tolerate the Dreamwear pillow. It is certainly the most comfortable, but feel like I cannot exhale, even with Flex on. Luckily, I have other masks I can use, but not nearly as comfortable. 

Wondering how others have dealt with this mask? Tried both medium and large.  

Any ideas???
What machine did you get?

Let's see your settings, that could be your mask issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the Dreamstation Pro. It is set on 10 with 8 ramp and flex at 3. 

Correction on below. It is the cushion, not nasal pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try it without the ramp.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Actually have the cushion, not pillow. 
My typo above...
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 124 Yesterday, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 377 04-16-2024, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 101 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 312 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 232 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 560 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 378 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.