Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear Full Face Mask Question.
Question 
Dreamwear Full Face Mask Question.
Quick question. I was given a RM Airfit F20 mask with my machine. I started therapy a month ago. 

Rocky start. But getting the hang of it. 

The Airfit mask had constant eye leaks. So I ordered the Touch mask with memory foam and it was better. But still had to use a lot of strap tension to keep it sealed. 

I ordered the Dreamwear Full face mask and it feels great and doesn’t leak but I feel I can’t get enough air with it and the F20 feels ok with the same pressures. (7-16 APAP, ramp off, EPR of 3). 

Does the Dreamwear Need more pressure or something? Or is it just my brain? I had major mask anxiety issues at first.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear Full Face Mask Question.
Hello, I also started therapy a month ago. With Dreamwear full face(I also have dreawear nasal).

Are you side sleeper?

I have issue with decreased pressure BUT only when the frame of mask is pinched during side sleeping. The difference seems significant.

I have not explored this forum regarding dreamwear masks pressure issue but on reddit I have found some people complaining about this issue.

Thats the reason why I ordered F20 airfit Smile The difference in pressure when sidesleeping vs on back  just does not seem right to me with dreamwear frame.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear Full Face Mask Question.
Hey thanks for the response.

Ya i am a side sleeper. I figured they designed it with enough size to side sleep but it does seem worse when on my side.

I find the Airfit F20 pretty comfortable. It’s just the right straps that bug me. I ordered the Air Touch face cushion for it and it’s even better for me but still have to have them a bit tight. I just wanted to try the Dreamwear FF. It feels great but I just feel like it’s not delivering the air.

Maybe I will wear it throughout the day and see how I feel about it. Maybe it’s just a matter of getting used to it.

Good luck on the therapy!

Is it getting easier for you? It’s starting to for me. It wasn’t fun at all at first.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 4 52 58 minutes ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 328 04-19-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: jake79
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 179 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 129 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 150 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 350 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 687 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.