Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear full face mask leak, frame slippage
Dreamwear full face mask leak, frame slippage
How can I prevent the Philips Dreamwear full face mask from slipping forward on the top of my head? I have been using the Dreamwear for a few weeks and the problem occurs with both the regular and large size frame (I have a large side head)
Details: The frame is stable, and the mask does not leak when I initially tested prior to sleep. When I wake up within a few hours the frame has slipped forward on top of my head. I have adjusted the straps for both the frame and the mask without success.
Questions: Could my pillow be contributing to the problem through forward pressure on the head hose and is there a style of CPAP pillow that might help? 
                Does fixing the position of the top of the frame make sense. I have read of others who use hair clasps to prevent the frame from slipping but I lack hair in that location! Does it make sense to try a strap to attach the top of the frame to the behind the head fabric?  
Other ideas? Thanks for your comments.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear full face mask leak, frame slippage
Watching this as I am interested in the Dreamwear FFM.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also watching because I like the DreamWear FFM but have the same problem with frame slippage. Medium size frame slides around. Small size frame puts the hose at my hairline, not at the top of the head which I think is the desired location.
Post Reply Post Reply
The issue was the tubing pulling on the frame of my Dreamwear. So I now place the tubing under my pillow then have the tubing exit from the top of the pillow to attach to the frame (My bed does not have a headboard).
Post Reply Post Reply
Command Strip/hook on the wall? would that work?
Post Reply Post Reply
Anchoring the tubing to the wall is an additional option for me (after our bedroom painting project is complete).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 145 11 hours ago
Last Post: Yeliad
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 325 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 93 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,254 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 126 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 306 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 10 396 03-29-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.