Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear nasal mask vs new N30 . WOW !
Dreamwear nasal mask vs new N30 . WOW !
HI.
An interesting observation.
I have been using a Dreamstation machine with the nasal mask where the tube is coming from the top of your head (Dreamwear) . Kind of annoying to my partner when we sleep as i have to place a bit of pillow between us, or she would get a constant blast of air from the nasal pillow.

We travel a lot and i bought an Air Mini with the nasal pillow mask p10 where the hose is coming out the nasal pillow in front.  . Not as much air as the Dreamstation mask but i found my AHI index drop considerably.. I used the same 8 pressure on both machines. i was wondering if the algorithm on both machines were different, and one of the machines was not giving an accurate read. How could the Dreamstation give me an average AHI  range of  2.00 - 3.4 and the AirMini gave me an average of 0.9 -1.9 !!!!!!!!!!

Well, last week i bought the newish N30 nasal pillow mask (which like the air mini p10 , has a front hose)  for the Dreamstation. It doesn't have that Dreamwear front exhaust hole so thats a big plus...
After 5 days, my AHI never passed 1.9...

For some reason, maybe just for me ?, the front hose configuration is better than the top of head.. Or is it that the N30 is just better.. 
I don't understand why any hose would make a difference . At the price of a CPAP machine, they all have sophisticated software to make sure you are getting the same amount of air..

I wonder if anyone else has used both types of hoses and getting the same increase in success 
steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear nasal mask vs new N30 . WOW !
The algorithms between PR and ResMed are indeed different. what are the pressure and other settings on both machines, flex? EPR?

To see why, what is driving the difference you would have to look at both charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2020, 12:21 PM)bonjour Wrote: The algorithms between PR and ResMed are indeed different.  what are the pressure and other settings on both machines, flex? EPR?

To see why, what is driving the difference you would have to look at both charts.

i believe its Flex.. (what is that ?)... they are both running at 8 ... its just odd that the numbers are about the same on BOTH machines, so that to me would show that the difference in efficacy is based upon the hose type.. Remember that my Dreamstation AHI decreased with the N30 as compared to the Dreamwear mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you were to look at the data via OSCAR you may see more differences.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't encourage you enough to try the Resmed Airfit P10 mask with your Philips home machine. The air diffusion is even quieter and very comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please clarify. if I buy to try the N30 mask and head gear, it will work with my existing Dream Station hose?
I have had zero success in getting any of 3 DME to let me try a new mask....they all say the under the nose cushion is working fine....Yet my AHI etc are not optimal and I have morning sleep inertia.  Are there any DME that actually help you optimize a mask and read the data to set the pressure based on the history?
Post Reply Post Reply
Masks are universal connections with the exception of the mini or travel machines. The same for CPAP hoses except for the heated hoses which are proprietary connections to the machine.

\Read the Mask Primer, the link is in my signature.

Download OSCAR and post your daily charts and we will help you understand what is happening.

Put all this in your own thread along with full redacted copies, not just summaries of your sleep studies.
Post Reply Post Reply
The N30 comes with a head strap and one (or more) pillows. The tubing , although smaller than the dreamstation hose,  fits perfectly to the Dreamstation hose. If it doesn't fit, there is a chance that there is a little plastic piece inserted into the dreamstation hose which is used to fit the Dreamwear hose. Remove that , and the N30 hose fits perfectly.

steve
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the N30 about 10 days ago and it is a great mask.  Very light and comfortable.  Very similar to the p10 except it is a nasal cradle design.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, very light. the best feature is that unlike the Dreamwear mask, it doesn't blow air into my partners head ! lol
(if you don't 'spoon' its not that important a feature. and if you don't sleep in the same room, then... maybe you have other issues.. lol)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 317 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,077 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 293 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 339 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.