Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear pillow mask fit. frame too small?
Dreamwear pillow mask fit. frame too small?
Hi,

I'm suffering from too many mask leaks and i was wondering if my mask frame size is big enough. Is this fit right or is my head too big for this frame?

It always feels like the top part of the mask slides forward too easily. Any slight turns of my head also quickly seem to cause a little air leakage from the mask. Should i look into a new mask? or is there something i can do to make this mask work for me?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear pillow mask fit. frame too small?
It looks fine to me. I have the same mask with a medium frame. Nasal mask like the Dreamwear can move pretty easy and I found out pillow choice can help curb the problem some what.

I just use a foam filled pillow with the individual pieces around 2” square.  I can add or remove the foam to arrive at the best filling for me.

You can buy just the frame on eBay for $11 or 12. and then you will know.
Post Reply Post Reply

Here’s mine.  Medium frame.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Nightynite! really appreciate it. the top part seems a bit more forward in my picture, but not drastically different. I actually already bought one of those pillows so i'll switch to that one for tonight and see if it helps. fingers crossed Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thing I do is try to hang my nasal area off the end of the pillow.  Do that and jam some pillow under the neck and chin area for more support. This cpap stuff has some technique it seems.
Post Reply Post Reply
I realized that no matter how I adjusted the strap or used different sizes of cushions, it still slipped. I could fit a couple fingers under the medium frame at the top of my head, so I figured trying a smaller size might be the ticket and it was.
I can't find the actual dimensions of the frames in any product literature, so I used a fabric tape measure from end to end (of the tube part, not including the peg that goes in the cushion) after detaching tubing, cushion, and strap.
Medium is 21 7/8 inches long; Small is 20 1/5 inches. Not precision measurement, obviously, but hopefully this will be helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with the standard frame on an N30i and when I switched to a small it made all the difference as well as the small-wide cushion. I also use the DreamWear nasal cushions and needed a small frame but use a medium cushion. Leak rate is basically zero on both.

Jerop…it could be the frame is too small or the cushion size isn’t ideal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,863 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 295 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,287 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 451 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.