Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dry mouth and throat.
Dry mouth and throat.
I started taping my mouth and using a chin strap about 5 years ago because of dryness and my chin drops when I fall asleep.. It's worked really well until the past 2 weeks.  I'm using a Resmed P10 nasal pillow and I'm waking up at night with my mouth and throat completely dry. I can't figure out why. The tape is still secure when I wake up and so is the chin strap. The P10 never leaks because the chin strap keeps it  secure. After 6 hours the humidifier tank is almost empty. It's usually half full. It would run empty before I started taping. Oscar data isn't showing a leak. The air isn't going into my stomach. I tried turning down the pressure but that didn't help. I'm at a loss. Here is last night data. 2 screens because I got up. Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dry mouth and throat.
I fought a similar problem by increasing both the humidity and the tube temperature, and also using a commercial thermal insulator coating on the tube. I use a tube temperature of 28 C and humidity # 7. Under these circumstances, there is some condensation in the mask. 

The objective of these increased settings is to deliver more total moisture.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am trying out a dry-mouth spray by Biotene. I'm hoping it will address some of the same issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
My husband and I have both solved dry mouth problems by using Zylimelts.  You can get these at Walmart but I buy ours from Amazon because you can a bottle of 100 and they are cheaper that way.  Good luck! Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DRY MOUTH WAKING ME MCS2014 13 1,771 11 hours ago
Last Post: Filbert
  mouth tape and nose pillow OR full face mask, pros and cons? SeePak 16 379 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: tobiathan
  [Equipment] wide mouth + high pressure troutdad 1 73 07-22-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Symptoms] Dry mouth.. jojo314519 5 274 07-09-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  help with dry mouth sleepingbetterinFl 4 195 07-07-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth leaks progress through night bamba415 6 438 07-01-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: bamba415
  Severe CSA: my astounding results with mouth taping volty 24 1,716 06-29-2024, 07:03 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.