Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

E-47 Error
E-47 Error
I am getting this error on my machine. I can't get it to work. Any ideas?[/size]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: E-47 Error
Disconnect from electricity source, then re-connect.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2012, 12:57 PM)kayjaz Wrote: I am getting this error on my machine. I can't get it to work. Any ideas?[/size]
E-47 ERR_FL12_SENSOR_RAILED
•Occluded or restricted pressure tube
•Defective flow sensor
•Replace flow tube
•Replace Main PCA
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AP-machine
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepster offered a good solution and sometimes completely un-plugging and re-starting the machine will help... however if it doesn't help, look at zonk's solution.

Go to the link zonk suggested-- take a look at that full thread (here) and you see further down instructions for taking apart an old REMstar like the one you have.

Most likely is that one of the small rubber hoses (seen in the picture below) has either come loose or grown brittle and has cracked with age, creating a small leak, which will cause this error message.

The solution is either to re-attach the rubber hose, or if it's bad, somehow find a rubber hose of the same internal diameter and replace the bad one. Have no clue where you might find a small length of that type of hose local to you, but I've gotten similar hosing via a local hardware store in my city (Ace Hardware). If it's cracked just on one end, you might have enough length already there to cut a few millimetres off one end and re-attach it so that the cracked end is no longer used.

Here's a pic where you can clearly see the small sensor hoses:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=26]

NOTE: If you replace or fix the hose, afterwards you may need to re-set the circuit board so it doesn't continuously give the error message. In some cases this is as simple as resetting via a jumper on the motherboard. Although a CPAP motherboard is not exactly like a personal computer motherboard, the concepts of re-setting the CMOS chip are similar. You can either take the small watch-style battery out for 24 hours and then put it back it, or do it quickly by using the board's CMOS-reset jumper pins. A video on how to do that here:

RESETTING A CMOS CHIP:

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes! Smile

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
newbie here, with a simple question:
my BiPAP machine (Respitronics Pro2 Domestic) recently showed 2 error codes. one was error 25, the other error 47. my husband found this forum and took the machine apart, and the hoses were in good shape, but had water in them. he cleaned the water out, and put it back together. im still getting the error codes, but i was able to get the machine to turn on. he is talking about resetting the CMOS, but were both worried about loosing the settings!
my question is, will resetting the CMOS loose the settings? my machine has a card that needs to be inserted , but im not exactly sure what its for? does it have my settings??? can he reset the CMOS and insert the card, and were as good as new???

thanx for your help!

lorna
Post Reply Post Reply
No idea! It may reset the error codes and clear them from the system. If you have the clinician's manual, you can easily set the pressure bit yourself.

The error codes are here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...rror_codes

Or you can get a new machine. Supplier #2 has open box and gently used machines.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2012, 10:24 PM)Lor_Na Wrote: he is talking about resetting the CMOS, but were both worried about loosing the settings!
my question is, will resetting the CMOS loose the settings? my machine has a card that needs to be inserted , but im not exactly sure what its for? does it have my settings??? can he reset the CMOS and insert the card, and were as good as new???

Just to add a bit to Paula's info, resetting the CMOS will not harm anything - it will only clear out any settings (and most likely any error codes), restoring your machine to factory default settings. You'll simply have to put your pressure and other settings back into the machine. You can get a copy of the Clinician Setup Manual HERE via email request, which will show you how to set up the machine. You'll need to know what your pressures should be.

The card is for the ability to read the data remotely. You don't need it in the machine at all unless you're attempting to read data. Also, it's possible that the error codes are recorded on the card, so re-setting CMOS would not clear those out if you put the card back in and the errors have been recorded on the card.

EDIT: also, I'd look into getting a newer machine, as Paula suggested. There have been a TON of improvements since your machine came out, both in comfort and effectiveness of therapy. A CPAP machine has an expected lifespan of approximately 5 years max.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes the doctor or DME will put the pressure settings on the data card. If that's case, inserting the card will cause the machine pressure to be set at whatever is loaded on that card.

I think that you can just go ahead and set the pressure to whatever you want after that. Not sure, though.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kayjaz, WELCOME! to the forum,! and I hope you are able to get your problems straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 333 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 184 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 324 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,149 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 761 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228
  Does a Large Leak Cause An AHI Error? BlueSky1958 3 812 07-19-2023, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
Question [Equipment] Puritan bennet Goodknight 420g error In1 help Somniculosus 13 13,906 06-02-2023, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Kaao

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.