Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EMF and CPAP
RE: EMF and CPAP
PS Satic also suggested EMF wallpaper or paint on wall by bed and connecting their solo shield product to the bed but the machine is still the huge outlier.
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate the comments. They prompted me to invest in a USA manufactured EMF Meter from TriFIELD. It's a Model TF2. The first unit I purchased is from Erickhill, model RT-100 for $35.00 on Amazon.

After reading the manual, I selected the MAG setting (appliances and motors) and turned the Resmed 10 on and pressed the button again to have the unit blow air. The reading was as high as 60. The manual states there are no official safe levels but it suggests readings of 3mG. That is 20 times higher than their suggestion. 

I wonder if my unit is defective? I will contact the medical supply company. Haven't heard back from Dr. yet.

I suspect this explains why my nausea got progressively worse and I had headaches. Even though I wasn't using the unit for a while, I had it plugged in 2 feet from my head which may have contributed to worsening symptoms.

I have attached images below.

Disclaimer - I am not an expert. Just trying to figure out why I did not feel better using CPAP. Fatigue, brain fog, nausea and headaches got progressively worse.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
So sorry for your difficulties! My magnetic data like yours way too high as was dirty electricity which was off the charts at machine and hose! Will let you know when can check meter readings with EMF wallpaper around hose and machine. You got a great price on your meter btw. First message disappeared so this may be a repeat for that reason. All the best solving your sad situation!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2023, 03:45 PM)MBOSA Wrote: I suspect this explains why my nausea got progressively worse and I had headaches. Even though I wasn't using the unit for a while, I had it plugged in 2 feet from my head which may have contributed to worsening symptoms.

Have you noticed any change in your symptoms since (presumably) unplugging it 5 days ago?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both my wife and I have seen conditions improve. My nausea, headaches and brain fog are gone.

I am returning the cpap and will try a MAD mouth guard I ordered online.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received an EMF tester by Erickhill as a gift, along with PMR emf buffers to place on equipment that dampens the EMF readings.  I happened to have the EMF tester in my hand when I walked by my resmed airsense for her and was shocked at the immediate high readings. (I wasn’t there to test the cpap machine)

For comparison, 
EMF tester Readings under 40 are considered safe, and the tester screen is green and silent. 
For the TV:
After applying the EMF dampening discs to my TY, the safe readings register at about 3 feet from the screen (safe readings had started at 5 feet from the screen before dampening). Closer than 3 feet now, and the tester beeps, turns red, and measures 43.

For my Airsense for Her:
With the EMF tester positioned where my head is on the pillow, airsense CPAP EMF reading measures 217,  And the heated hose reading measures 225!!  Tester red lights flashing and beeping.

I agree this is a HUGE concern!!
Post Reply Post Reply
It all depends on the EMF frequency as to limits. What is the frequency that your reading were sampled from?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have noticed changes for the better. I have returned the unit to the hospital and am trying other ways to reduce sleep apnea such as losing weight (lost 25 lbs so far), being conscious of sleeping on my side or stomach and having my wife wake me up if I'm snoring.
Post Reply Post Reply
We are also concerned about EMFs and have found ourselves sensitive to them. Before being issued a CPAP, we had used a grounding pillowcase at night (search Clint Ober Earthing – or other brands with grounding cords containing a built-in 100K Ohm resistor). Our EMF readings lowered using our pillowcases, but we didn’t think about the added use of a CPAP machine… so we did our, admittedly, unscientific amateur reading with a cheap EMF reader. The heated tubing registered high numbers, while the standard tubing did not. The use of the grounding/earthing pillowcase lowered all readings significantly.

In summary, we are not EMF-sensitive to the CPAP when sleeping on grounding pillowcases. Worth the extra $90 cost per pillowcase? For us, yes.

Perhaps this information may help someone else with the same concerns.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for posting this thread. I was able to find your posting easily on the web but when I type the keywords EMF and CPAP here on ApneaBoard nothing is found.  Maddening.  So today we did the same test using an EMF TriField Meter checking our several years old Resmed and found just like you did that the EMF levels on the hose were very high. I am purchasing an RF meter and feel it will be even higher for RF pollution.  Bummed.  As a remedy, I am going to look for an unheated hose (without the conductive metal heat coil) In my opinion ResMed needs to offer an unheated hose option with zero EMF dangers. EMF levels that are high are not safe for those with heart issues for sure...Also, I use my machine in airplane mode to reduce exposure to RF risks (not even aware of EMF exposers being high) So now I am curious if my new RF meter is going to detect issues even when the device is in airplane mode. Thanks ApneaBoard for connecting me to this user with the same issues. Seeing your post has confirmed the unsafe electromagnetic field exposure issues.  Please let me know if you have any updates on this!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.