Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air leak issues with Resmed Autosense 10
Air leak issues with Resmed Autosense 10
Hello, I'm posting on this forum regarding my Dad's CPAP therapy. He was diagnosed with mild- moderate obstructive sleep apnea around a decade ago and has been using the Resmed S9 on Auto-titrate since then with a full face Air Fit F 10 mask. He recently bough a second machine which he uses for 2 days a week ( he works in 2 different cities ). This one is a Resmed Autosense S 10. He has had trouble with it since the beginning. The way he explained it to me was during the night, it would start blowing air at very high rates and volumes waking him up. I looked up this problem online and changed his pressure maximum and minimum settings to APAP 4/16 and eventually 12. EPR is 2 and during ramp only. He uses it with a humidifier. I recently discovered Oscar and analyzed the data. Although his AHI is < 5 consistently he has a leak of > 25 - 30% every night. I tested the mask he was using with the S10 by using it the S9. It functioned perfectly with no leaks. I then tested the hose by putting water into it to look for leaks. I was unable to find any. The mask/ tubing doesn't appear to be the source of the leak. I am unsure what the problem is. My guess is there is a leak elsewhere (? where though) which causes the machine to ramp up the pressure and volumes leading to the massive amount of air blowing out his mask. I'm attaching a screenshot of his oscar analysis. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 15 587 1 hour ago
Last Post: Luka07
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 9 1,537 11 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 74 04-18-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 228 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 367 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,280 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 251 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.