Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EndlessFields (Therapy Thread)
RE: EndlessFields (Therapy Thread)
There's quite a bit of the leak pattern that seems to be mouth leaks. Leak rates at 95% and Max were just on either side of the redline of 24. You might either want to get a chin strap like Knightsbridge Dual Band, tape or you might need a full face type mask. There's too much leaking to believe you got much therapy out of this session.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I tried using the Caldera Relief Collar. I have a Knightsbridge strap on the way, but wanted to see if there would be a difference using just the collar. It mostly keeps my mouth shut though it can still open if I try. Based on this graph it seems to have helped a lot. One big leak, but the constant leaks I was getting seem to be gone. Will be interesting to see how much the chin strap helps, since I imagine it'll keep the mouth from opening even better than the collar does.

Post Reply Post Reply
Besides that one big leak at 0420, it's quite a bit better. One thing about the Knightsbridge versus others, it'll pull the jaw straight up not the less desirable up and back. IMO your headed the right direction on leaks. Maybe that Knightsbridge takes it that last step.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well here is last night with the Knightsbridge strap.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks very good on the data. How do you feel? Be critical and specific please.
Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly I don't know that last night is a great example for how I feel. Wife needed to wake up early and we got to bed rather late. So 6 hours of sleep leaves me a bit tired. I may still play with the adjustments on the Knightbridge as it is a touch uncomfortable under the chin, I likely just have it too tight. I also have learned that with a strap on I grind my teeth a bit, so there likely will be some sort of night mouth guard in my future. I'll update here over the next few nights and hopefully get more than 6 hours of sleep to do a proper comparison.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok copy that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well here's the last two nights. I'd say leaks are significantly better with the Knightsbridge strap. Feeling well rested even though I haven't gotten a lot of sleep these past few nights.

Post Reply Post Reply
This looks very good, nothing that I can see that needs attention. Good job. Try it a week and see how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 169 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,360 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,213 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.