Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Epr and pressure settings
RE: Epr and pressure settings
So I need to deal with the RERA number as well as the AHI number? Since I can only adjust the epr up to 3, I have a question:

Which of these two results is best for me and why:

AHI =.31, RERA =.90

or

AHI = .54, RERA = .11

These are results over several days using different settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Without knowing differences in how you feel, I'd be inclined to take a slightly higher AHI for a drastically reduced RERA. Drastically and slightly being relative terms, as all these numbers are 0.something.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2020, 01:29 PM)Deweym Wrote: So I need to deal with the RERA number as well as the AHI number? Since I can only adjust the epr up to 3, I have a question:

Which of these two results is best for me and why:

AHI =.31, RERA =.90

or

AHI = .54, RERA = .11

These are results over several days using different settings.

The difference could be nightly variation one event over an 8hr period adds .125 at these levels you need to go by how you feel the numbers are not everything
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed that you use nasal pillows. I used them years ago when my pressure was much lower. When I had to go to a higher pressure I had to switch to a ffm. If I can get to a lower pressure I would like to return to nasal pillows. 
If I do switch can I expect similars results with the same setting?
Post Reply Post Reply
Deweym - If you are using the pressure range listed in your profile, then you can use nasal pillows now. Several members here are using them at a 20 cm pressure setting.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Realistically, if fit and adjustments are good, nasal masks and pillows can be used with top pressures from the CPAP machines. Most machines cap the pressure at 25, but I am aware some can go up to 30. I am not talking about machines like the ResMed Stellar or any NIV/ventilator class machine; these go above 30 cmO2.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was using the air fit n10 and when my pressure went up to 12-16 I had a problem with leaks. Since the headgear is not adjustable and the hose attaches at the bottom would I be better with the n30i?
Post Reply Post Reply
My best answer is you could try it. Maybe your DME has one for you to try. Best scenario is trying it under pressure and lying down. I have the N30i and use a Medium Wide when I've used it. My full face F20 AirFit is still called my go-to.

The N/P30i masks are very light and I think they're quiet. They both vent in front and on top. Good luck on finding that mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a nasal pillow user and found that when I upped my pressure it exacerbated mouth leak. I used mouth tape to address the issue. A soft cervical collar was recommended and that enabled me to reduce my pressure so taping wasn't necessary any more.

Good luck,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:So I need to deal with the RERA number as well as the AHI number?

Oscar can report the RDI (respiratory disturbance index, which includes RERA) as an alternative to AHI. Go to the menu: File | Preferences | CPAP | Preferred major event index.

It's a 5 second task to change from one to the other (and back again).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,563 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 447 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 404 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 363 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 316 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings Swsch2985 2 362 01-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 401 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.