Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AS 11 turns on by itself midday multiple times
Question 
AS 11 turns on by itself midday multiple times
New to this site and forum. My wife and I each got an AirSense 11 about 4-5 months ago. We have come into the bedroom midday on multiple occasions (sometimes in the same day) and found our machines running. Not the post use drying flow, but full on running. Anyone else found this with their AS 11? My worry is losing life hours on the machines and the unneeded use of electricity. Also the possibility of causing other problems like burning out the humidifier by running it empty and even the possibility of it causing a fire. I have tried to look into any reports or recalls on these devices, but haven't found anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AS 11 turns on by itself midday multiple times
Hi bdcox65!  -  Welcome
I am speculating that you have Smart Start/Stop option active on your AS11s.  Beginning with the Resmed AS10, there have been reported problems when using this option.  Try turning it off and see if that corrects your problem.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AS 11 turns on by itself midday multiple times
You may have "dirty" power.

When a touch-control lamp I had in the same power socket came on during the day, I started using a plug-in surge protector and I no longer had the turning on as a problem.

That was many years ago and the machine I had at that time used less electronics to do its work. The random on/off of the lamp is still gone and the newer machine, an AirSense 11, probably benefits from the surge protector too.

Unless you live in a place that never has lightening, any electronics should have the benefit of at least a simple surge protector.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed VAuto single beep at times? k888 4 146 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: k888
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 459 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 249 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Trouble with multiple masks jlpool 5 732 11-28-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Sad Big Regression - high resp rates prior to multiple wake ups a night FordGuy84 10 896 11-06-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: FordGuy84
  Multiple surgeries, consistent BiPAP user, still struggling with exhaustion erica721 5 754 11-03-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: erica721
  [Treatment] Waking up worse despite multiple changes, life feels awful davigalindo 10 1,017 10-26-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.