Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ASV Thumping on inhale and exhale
ASV Thumping on inhale and exhale
Hi, I have been using the resmed aircurve 10 ASV for 3.5 years for severe central and obstructive sleep apnea.  I've been having intermittant trouble with my equipment—the machine will seemingly randomly start "thumping" on inhale and exhale.  It happens either about 2-5 minutes after I turn on the machine, or at about 4am.  Re-seating the humidification chamber will help sometimes but not always.  It starts as a very soft thump but gets louder and louder.  Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?
I use two different masks, depending on how I'm feeling—either the airfit p10 nasal pillows, or the f30i hybrid mask. I hate them both—with the nasal pillows, my mouth sometimes falls open, even if I use a chin strap.  the hybrid mask is very hard to get adjusted and leaks after a few hours. I rarely make it through the night on the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV Thumping on inhale and exhale
I also have a resmed aircurve 10 asv. I have had that thumping sound on inhale and exhale a couple of different times.  (Makes it hard to sleep!)  It was always fixed by replacing the humidifier tank.  I suspect the silicone seal around the lid gets worn.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 5,135 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed vibrates on exhale? webweaver 5 888 12-22-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  jagged inhale--machine malfunction? mayalass 7 536 10-13-2023, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  RESMED F30i Mask causing pulsing on exhale HULK 1 627 09-21-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Normal for exhale peaks to be much greater than inhale peaks? stony82 4 570 09-20-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: stony82
  [Symptoms] Difficult to exhale by end of night threerottencats 0 460 08-12-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: threerottencats
Sad [Equipment] AIRFIT P10 problems -- too much pressure / can't exhale genieangel 9 9,165 07-13-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Big Dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.