Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Air Fit 20 full face mask with Dreamstation 2
Air Fit 20 full face mask with Dreamstation 2
Hello,  

I am a new member and this is my first post.  If anything I need to correct, just let me know.

Is is advisable to use a Full face Air Fit 20 by ResMed with the Philips Dream station 2.  I have received the Dreamstation 2 and have another location I spend time with the grandkids  and this would keep me from lugging my ResMed unit back and forth.   I did have a full face Philps mask that was very uncomfortable, and would rather use the RedMed mask if possible.  

Thank you very much,

Charles
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air Fit 20 full face mask with Dreamstation 2
Hi charles5758! - Welcome
It doesn't matter which brand you use, so long as you like it and get a good seal. To answer your question, yes!, it is perfectly fine to use the F20 with the DS2.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air Fit 20 full face mask with Dreamstation 2
Hey Charles,

The DS2 has settings for Philips branded masks which are OFF and X1 to X5. These settings set a pressure compensation for a particular Philips mask resistance. This setting is in the Provider menu on the DS2 and may be set to a default of 'X1'. I'm using an F&P Vitera full face mask and set the mask setting to 'OFF' per recommendations on the forum since there is no way to correlate a non-Philips mask resistance setting to a Philips mask. Not sure how much difference, if any the mask settings would make versus just setting it to off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,611 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 596 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.