Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Air mini advice?
Air mini advice?
I just ordered the Resmed Air Mini for a lighter and smaller travel machine. I understand it can be quite loud, though people seem to say it's the in-hose humidifer thingy rather than the machine itself. It sounds like I'll need a little converter attachment that I can get from amazon and then I'll be able to use any regular hose and my normal mask, and that should eliminate or greatly reduce the noise problem. Can anyone confirm this is true? Am I missing anything? I can do without a humidifier when traveling. Thanks for any advice!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air mini advice?
I don't use an AirMini, but others have said it is loud.  

An adapter is available for the AirMini which allows you to use a regular (non heated) hose and mask of choice.
I can't say if this adapter has any affect on the noise level.  

Check Amazon, or any Suppliers from the Suppliers list at top of page.  You will see many different manufacturers selling this adapter and the price can vary.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the AirMini with an adapter to a regular P10 mask and sometimes its own mask with a humidifier in a snorkel. The noise is emitted by the holes near the mask, I did not notice a big difference, but it is there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought an AirMini at the first of the year because I had a lot of business travel set for this year, then Covid hit and those trips have been canceled.   I take care of a family member out of town each Friday night and use it there since I do not want to pack up my Airsense 10 Autoset just for one night.  It took a while to get used to the AirMini noise and I like others, I thought getting rid of the inline humidifier would help.  I figured I could do without humification for a night or two.

I purchased the hose adapter and a Slimline hose so I could use my Airfit P10 pillows.  I saw little to no difference in noise level.  YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an Airmini and it is quite noisy with the "stock" hose setup! There is a Qtube In-line CPAP Muffler that you can find on Amazon but you will need an adapter as well OR you can build your own (there is a separate thread with examples on this site). I built my own version of a muffler using a plastic medication bottle and the airmini tubing. I kept the built in HUMIDx and mask connection. It is considerably quieter now!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have an airmini, though I've only used it a few times. I never had a problem with the noise, but everyone is different. I could never use it without a humidifier - my nose would just be too dry and id sneeze all the next day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2020, 12:01 AM)ICS55 Wrote: I also have an airmini, though I've only used it a few times.  I never had a problem with the noise, but everyone is different.  I could never use it without a humidifier - my nose would just be too dry and id sneeze all the next day.

Yes, the sneezing is real !!! All day long. Again, I would recommend trying the N20 nasal mask, I did not have the dryness and sneezing when I switched.
I am making another homemade muffler V2 and it reduces the noise but also softens the flow of air.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,831 7 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 304 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 55 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.