Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AirMini Hose/Mask Question
AirMini Hose/Mask Question
I'm about to purchase an AirMini as I've gone back to pre-COVID levels of work travel and I'm the road about an average of 5 nights in a month with an increase to international travel.   I've gotten very tired of having to drag my entire Airsense 10 around with me and I've had some close calls that made me worry about damage.  

I'm aware that some feel it's noisier (which doesn't bother me) and has less humidity (I don't really use the humidity on my current set-up so I don't expect much of a change here).

I'm just not sure if the mask and hose are the normal mask and hose that you use with your Airsense 10 or if the hose is specific to the connection port on the AirMini?   I'm not sure if I need to buy a secondary headgear/mask combo and hose or if I can just use what I already have for both?   I have back-ups for each that I can use for travel, if that's the case.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirMini Hose/Mask Question
The airmini uses a thinner hose with proprietary connectors on both sides (machine / mask).  As a result, you will need to either purchase an airmini compatible mask (Resmed has several that have the connector), or you will need to purchase an adaptor.  You can find an airmini mask connector by searching on Amazon.  I bought the one from Snugell; that allows you to use any standard mask with the airmini.

I'd also suggest that you buy the airmini hard case (not the bigger, softer one).  That way it's protected and you can slip it, the power supply, the hose and the mask wherever you have space in your luggage.  It dramatically reduces the space it takes as you're effectively using dead space.  Also, the hard case is another layer of protection for the machine.

I travel often with the airmini, and I have to say I love it.  I tried a few times with my AirSense 11 but it's just too large and takes up valuable real estate.  Reading other posts about the airmini, there are many here who are not fans, but for me it's fantastic.

My only other suggestion would be also to get the airmini mount system.  It has a connector that allows you to hook the airmini directly on the front of the bed stand shelf.  That way, it's nice and secure and you don't pull it off the table (it's light!).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! This is super helpful. I ordered the adapter, as it's a significant cost savings over buying a new hose and mask set-up. I'll take a look at the mount system. This is definitely useful!
Post Reply Post Reply
I hooked up my new AirMini to my Dreamwear full face mask set- which I had thought was fitting well - and now the the silicone mask section under my nose vibrates and whistles with each inspiration, loud enough to disturb me and bed partner. Has anyone else had this phenomenon and know of any fix?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 100 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 110 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
Question Hose volume Willw 4 217 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 840 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 292 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 331 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 888 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.