Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airfit F10 Leaking
Gross 
Airfit F10 Leaking
Please Help
Received my Airfit F10 and have been having problems with mask leaking.
This was replaced and the new one leaks also. Looks to me like there is
a design flaw at the elbow connecting to the mask, I would thread it and put a nut on the inside. Really not too hard since it does not have to rotate more then 180 degrees, not 360. This thing whistles and leaks, which causes more air.
If I hold the elbow tight to the mask the leaking stops, now try that and
sleep. I have not had a good nights sleep in a long time, tempted to use
duct tape to hold it tight. I extended the ramp time as suggested and that
did not help(did not think it would).
any ideas, is this a common problem, defected elbows?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit F10 Leaking
Hi Geneo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might ask your DME about trying a different mask if you can't get that one to work well for you.
Hang in there for more suggestions and good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Common complaint -- but not a defect. That mask vents in the ring around elbow.
Whereas the Mirrage Quattro has a series of vent holes that run down the front surface of the mask.
Venting is required to flush out the exhaled air.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
When I was trialing full face masks, tried F10, F&P Simplus, and Quattro Air
In order of preference:
1- Quattro Air
2- F&P Simplus
3- F10

Whats the leak rate?
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like the elbow is not attaching to the mask properly (since you mentioned that the leak stop if you hold the elbow tight to the mask. Maybe the elbow is defective. You may want to test the fit of the elbow, by using the machine to blow air into the mask while you hold the mask in your hand.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the F10 and have not had that problem. It does have a circle of air vents (which are essential) where the elbow joins the main part of the mask, but I assume you weren't referring to them.

Of the four (full face) masks I've used, the top three in order of preference are:

1. F10
2. Quattro FX
3. Quattro Air

The Quattro FX was more consistent than the F10 in terms of low leaks, but I prefer the lightness and slightly better ease of use of the F10. It's also easier to wash as it has only 3 parts.

I got most leaks with the Quattro Air - I think that was because the forehead rest (if that's the right term for it) was being moved by my head on the pillow (I'm a side sleeper).

Post Reply Post Reply
I found out a new mask must be washed out, really good.
there is manufacturing residue on the silicon which will
sometimes cause leaking. I just rinsed it which did not work well.
Post Reply Post Reply
The connection on my Airfit F10 seemed a bit loose too. What worked for me was a couple wraps of scotch tape around the the elbow then insert back into the mask... just make sure the connection is still able to swivel.
On the Quattro FX i had issues with the mask riding up my nose during the night causeing air leaks into my eyes. What fixed that was a strap going from both sides of the frame (the plastic directly under the eyes) down around my chin.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had my share of trouble with my Airfit leaking as well. My RT suggested that I (1) wear it lower on the bridge of my nose (now I remember him mentioning that on day 1); and (2) tighten the straps that hold the lower portion in place. Since doing both of those, the irritating leaks have been nearly non-existent. Yay!

(This was when I went to the DME to pick up nasal pillows to try instead!)

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2014, 04:04 PM)justMongo Wrote: Common complaint -- but not a defect. That mask vents in the ring around elbow.
Whereas the Mirrage Quattro has a series of vent holes that run down the front surface of the mask.
Venting is required to flush out the exhaled air.

I have been silent lately but learning a lot. I want to thank everyone for
their help so far. I was set up with full face liners.
they let me sleep and keeps my wife a happy camper.. now how important is that!
no leaks, humming, squeaking, farting or any other noises. The tube itself still leaks a bit, I do not need it to move so if I could find a safe adhesive I would fix that problem. also my Dr told me to keep the machine a foot or more lower then the top of the bed, I keep mine on the floor now. somehow it has something to do with the hose, anyway all of this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,973 1 hour ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 358 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.