Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE
Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE
Hi, I hope everyone is keeping well.
Could you please suggest best place to buy cpap equipment in the UAE particularly Dubai? If anyone has experience of buying in this region. I can also get it from UK as a family member is coming to see us soon.
I have recently been advised by my doctor to use cpap. Although I have a premium network insurance but sleep disorder is excluded. (I guess perfect example of Murphy’s law ?). Thank you and well done to who started this board and members for supporting it. Regards
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE
Hi again,
I am in processes of getting suitable cpap equipment (never used it so a steep learning curve). While comparing different set ups I have been told that Prisma 20A has comparative advantage over
other machines e.g. resmed auto or philps etc. Can someone confirm it is correct or had an experience with that Prisma 20A has a capability of (which others donot have):

Maintaining maximum and minium pressure settings.
Resolving issues like:
Not having enough airflow even the device is calibrated.
Breathing difficulty ( breathing fast or slow).
Finding patients breath rate and ideal breath rate for them.
Adjustment of starting pressure.
Bloated stomach.
If patients feel that they are waking up at night and AHI is not normal.

One of the advantage over others is that: Prisma 20A Reports BPM- breath per minute and Tidal volume - how many ml of air patient inhales inside their lungs so that they/doctor knows if they are inhaling more or less air as per their weight.
It detects minimum and maximum air pressure required.

Thankyou in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2023, 01:47 AM)Foxhunt Wrote: Hi again,
I am in processes of getting suitable cpap equipment 

Welcome, there are many different machines to treat the many varied factors in Sleep Disordered Breathing.

Did your Doctor give you a sleep study?

Without a sleep study, I would never recommend a given machine. 

You could potentially go through several machines before getting the machine that would most successfully treat your needs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi UnicornRide,
I hope all is well and thankyou. 
Yes, my doctor did sleep study and concluded that I have high to severe sleep apnea. I am happy to share the report. 

On the cpap front, I have bought one and started using it earlier this week (Yayy!!). It is Prisma 20 A with the nasal mask.

Does it Oscar works for it?

Kind regards,
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2023, 11:38 PM)Foxhunt Wrote: On the cpap front, I have bought one and started using it earlier this week (Yayy!!). It is Prisma 20 A with the nasal mask. Does it Oscar works for it?

At the top of ever page on Apnea Board there is a link for OSCAR. The 'supported machines' page lists several Löwenstein Prisma machines, but I'm not sure if one of them is the 20 A. Note that OSCAR compatibility relates only to the machine; masks have no electronics, so the mask is irrelevant. 
If your machine has an SD card and your computer has a port for it (or you have a USB SD card adapter), you could also just try out OSCAR. Just download and install it, then insert the card and point OSCAR to it. 
There is also a forum page for help with OSCAR, and if it doesn't work you may be able to help OSCAR developers by providing them with data from your SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
JJJ has some good advise, if you have any problems at all, post back with your issues. We can post links to help guide you.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Prisma 20a works great with Oscar. A couple of funny machine settings reported but the graphing is all good. You will want to trim down the event flags and markers which Prisma's have a lot of.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 297 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 454 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Successful equipment modification tcurran 8 592 01-05-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  hammer44 - ASV Therapy Equipment Question hammer44 11 667 01-01-2024, 01:47 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] CPAP Equipment Selection mgonthier 1 363 09-13-2023, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  What to do with "old" equipment? Paul Van Benschoten 10 999 06-30-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New to cpap my apnea events are all over the place can someone help me? LiquidOcelot 13 1,359 06-27-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.