Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Bipap with no ventilation advice
RE: Bipap with no ventilation advice
A ventilator breaths for you and the VAUTO does not. I own one and it does NOT give you air (ventilation) if you quit breathing.  You can hold your breat as long as you want and it does not push air. The setting can start air more quickly when you start to breath. That’s when it seems the pap machine is not allowing you to take a normal breath.

It is like you want to take in more air in a deeper breath but the machine has quite blowing and waiting for exhale. You can chang the Ti and min to match your length of inhale or exhale.

I have never needed this except when I was in the sleep lab and thier machine would not allow me to finish my inhale.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2021, 10:05 AM)Gideon Wrote: Based on your charts I would get the VAuto.
I honestly don't know what the "V" stands for.

The V in Vauto is VPAP which is Resmed's term for BiPAP (Philips). The prior version S9 VPAP auto used the full term, while S10 Aircurve 10 and 11 have shortened to Vauto or VPAP S  Variable Positive Air Pressure https://www.resmed.com/en-us/sleep-apnea...-and-cpap/
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a Lumis 150ST VPAP recently (after trialling a loan Philips Respironics in my bipap trial.)

The settings on the Lumis are now tweaked to suit me & I feel it is even better than the respironics and is definitely gentler. Lower ahi and I find it very easy to breathe with.

The respironics much better than cpap but the Lumis was better again.
Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tassie, the Lumis 150ST is a ventilator class machine, which Dragonbyc was instructed not to get.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2021, 04:01 AM)TassieDevil Tamar Wrote: I bought a Lumis 150ST VPAP recently (after trialling a loan Philips Respironics in my bipap trial.)

The settings on the Lumis are now tweaked to suit me & I feel it is even better than the respironics and is definitely gentler. Lower ahi and I find it very easy to breathe with.

The respironics much better than cpap but the Lumis was better again.
Good luck.

My apologies- I must have misread the question.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,832 8 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 304 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 149 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.