Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Choosing Correct SD Card
Choosing Correct SD Card
To tell a long story short, my wife has a ResMed AirSense 10 Elite that she hasn't used in well over a year. Me getting a brand new AirSense 10 AutoSet (to replace my old 10+-year-old Respironics), plus going in and reducing her pressure slightly and setting it to Airplane Mode, has inspired her to start her CPAP treatment again. 

I installed OSCAR and was curious to look at the data on her SD card from when she used it last, but I discovered that she doesn't HAVE an SD card installed! I was surprised because I thought one was needed for the machine to transmit its data to Apria every day back when she first started her CPAP treatment. 

I have several SD cards in the house, some for my Photography hobby. My question is this: How do I choose the right SD Card to install into my wife's ResMed AirSense 10 Elite? 

This is my first post and I appreciate your time and attention to this basic question.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Choosing Correct SD Card
Any brand, 2-32GB not bigger. It should be formatted to FAT-32
Post Reply Post Reply
Any SD or SDHC card from 2 to 32GB capacity.  It needs to be formatted as FAT32.  Or you could just erase the card in your computer and let the A10 machine format it the first time it is inserted.

As for there being no SD card, many DMEs remove the card before delivery, or order the machines without an SD card.  Their excuse is that there is over the air monitoring (via AirView or MyAir).  The data provided this way is useless in optimizing therapy, but the machine will function with no SD card inserted.  Unfortunately, the high-resolution data is written directly to the SD card if present, and is lost forever if not.  Summary data is recorded in the machine and will be written to an SD card when one is provided.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much!

(10-13-2020, 10:29 PM)becker44a Wrote: Any SD or SDHC card from 2 to 32GB capacity.  It needs to be formatted as FAT32.  Or you could just erase the card in your computer and let the A10 machine format it the first time it is inserted.

As for there being no SD card, many DMEs remove the card before delivery, or order the machines without an SD card.  Their excuse is that there is over the air monitoring (via AirView or MyAir).  The data provided this way is useless in optimizing therapy, but the machine will function with no SD card inserted.  Unfortunately, the high-resolution data is written directly to the SD card if present, and is lost forever if not.  Summary data is recorded in the machine and will be written to an SD card when one is provided.

Yes, it's that loss of data that is killing me. Thank you very much for your assistance!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2020, 10:16 PM)bonjour Wrote: Any brand, 2-32GB not bigger. It should be formatted to FAT-32

Thank you very much!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep the SD needs to be as mentioned. The PAP is not concerned on brand either. As long as this other criteria match, it's good. I'd start off on a clean slate, erase and/or format the SD first.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2020, 01:58 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Yep the SD needs to be as mentioned. The PAP is not concerned on brand either. As long as this other criteria match, it's good. I'd start off on a clean slate, erase and/or format the SD first.

Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All, 

not sure if it is appropriate to ask this here: (Moderators feel free to start a new thread if need be)

I plan to make a regular copy of the SD card that came with my machine, by simply copying and pasting to a new backup card (<32 GB and formatted FAT32 as mentioned.)

Can I then simply use the newly copied card in the machine and carry on as usual?

(I remember there was something on the forum here about each machine writing its details to each specific card, so wondered how this would effect using a freshly backed card)

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
So long as it is the same machine, you can copy your existing card's contents to another card without any problems.

I think you might be confusing posts where the OP wanted to use 1 card for 2 different machines. Each machine registers its serial number to the card. You can not have more than one serial number on an SD card.

I hope this helps.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!!! I will keep this in mind.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 802 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  CPAP Settings correct? nickng33 1 428 11-21-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP isn't helping. Do I actually have SDB, and are my PAP settings correct? Sleeper44345 15 1,178 08-20-2023, 08:47 PM
Last Post: jwest
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 641 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  Apnea Test Results and Choosing the Right CPAP? dank44 0 417 07-03-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: dank44
  Help Choosing the Right Machine janelleb1985 4 579 06-07-2023, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  Need advice on choosing a new machine Quackdoctor 6 759 03-21-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.