Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Does the DreamStation have an automatic ramp feature?
Does the DreamStation have an automatic ramp feature?
Does the DreamStation have an automatic ramp feature? I currently have the machine set to auto start once I begin breathing through the mask, however, when I do that I get full pressure. I'd like to keep the auto start but I would like to add a short ramp of like 5 minutes to get up to full pressure. i.g. 6cm -> 10cm in 5 minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does the DreamStation have an automatic ramp feature?
Yes it does. You can access through the "my set-up" mode and will be the first item that comes up.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation has a ramp feature but it is not automatic you have to press the button to get it to ramp as far as I know. I am not a Philips user
Post Reply Post Reply
As jaswilliams stated, the Ramp button on the machine must be pressed after therapy starts in order for the Ramp feature to start. 

One feature you may want to consider is SmartRamp. With SmartRamp the auto algorithm is applied during the ramp period. In your case, in auto cpap mode, the ramp start pressure will be the auto minimum pressure and the auto maximum pressure applied during the ramp period will be the auto minimum that is used during normal auto cpap mode.

The SmartRamp period will stop in either of two ways:
  1. When the SmartRamp pressure reaches the minimum pressure used in the normal auto cpap mode, SmartRamp will terminate and therapy will be delivered under the auto cpap mode.
  2. If SmartRamp doesn't reach the minimum auto cpap mode pressure by the end of the ramp time, pressure will be increased about 1 cm H2O per minute until the minimum auto cpap pressure is reached, and therapy will be delivered under the auto cpap mode.
SmartRamp can be turned on in the Comfort menu while in the Provider Mode.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 117 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Dreamstation 2 ramp time Sir Snoresalot 4 399 01-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Question re ramp up/starting pressure airsense 11 rebean 3 600 07-17-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Melman
  [Equipment] Turn off Ramp. CactusJack 4 9,192 03-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: DISleepApnea
  Ramp Time JeffL 4 606 03-28-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Machine noise during ramp-up. rfkennard 0 410 01-05-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: rfkennard
  Reverse ramp feature? McPhearson99 9 972 01-01-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.