Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DreamMapper dissatisfaction
DreamMapper dissatisfaction
I just sent this email to Phillips support:

DreamMapper is deteriorating--and it wasn't much to start with.

I've been using the Dream Station for just over a year. For the first several months, the DreamMapper software functioned reliably. For the last few months, it hasn't. Almost daily, I get the "failed to connect to Dream Mapper server" message. Often, when it does connect, it reports no new data. In every case, the data appear later in in the day, but I have to waste a lot of time trying to get the system to work. If you look at appgrooves.com › Medical › Philips Respironics › DreamMapper--which you should--you will see that this problem is quite common.

I have to wonder if connecting to Dream Mapper is worth the trouble. It is, to put it mildly, a very unimpressive piece of software. I have it installed on my Samsung tablet, and it is not much more than a blue screen with four numbers on it. Can't you provide more than that? The device, itself, captures a rich time-based data set, and Dream Mapper gives nothing but the most cursory summary. Have a look at SleepyHead--that's what useful data reporting software looks like.

If you can solve any of these problems, it would be a good thing. But so far I've formed a very poor impression of Phillips' user support. We're paying a lot of money for these devices--we deserve better.

Comments?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamMapper dissatisfaction
Yeah. I started using a PR DreamStation APAP end of last year. DreamMapper was always unreliable, slow, and uninformative (compared to SleepyHead). It got a lot worse some time in January. I called them. They said they would soon be fixing their server, and that things would change. After they fixed the server, things did change. They got worse. I've turned off Bluetooth on the DreamStation and my Android device (phone).

It would be nice if they'd allow the WiFi device to transfer all of the data on the SD card. It's only a minor annoyance to have to transfer the SD card back-and-forth to my GNU/Linux system every day, but it seems silly to be using sneakernet in this day and age.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a wifi enabled card.  I know many are using it, just search the software thread.  Don't know if anyone is using it with Linux though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using a Toshiba FlashAir SD on Linux Mint 19.  I use FlashPAP for the data download.  FlashPAP is written in Java for multi-platform distribution.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does this need any discussion? Just use sleepyhead and forget anything other exists.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's really encouraging if it means what I think it means--are you saying that you can do live updates to your SleepyHead without removing the card from the CPAP device? I'm going to have to try that.

I see, though, that most wi-fi enabled cards get a lot of negative reviews on Amazon.

I would want a card that can connect directly to my wi-fi router and appear as a node on the network. Does anybody have experience with that?
Post Reply Post Reply
JimMcD get the Toshiba Flashair SD Card and flashpap we can help you get it connected as a node on your WiFi network, if your machine is fairly close to your WiFi access point as the range of the wifi sd cards is pretty poor
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I'll try that and get back to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Adding to jaswilliams's post. You will need to be within 9 meters(30 feet) to your WiFi access point. The FlashAir is 2.4Ghz only. FlashPAP was written specifically for the FlashAir. Other brands of WiFi SD cards may or may not support the communication language used.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would expect any SD card to be a simple storage device which could be formatted to any simple file system spec that would fit within its capacity. The cheap little 2 GB SD card in my DreamStation is formatted to FAT32, a filesystem which applies no restrictions to access. Accordingly, if such a card can connect to a wifi router, it should just appear as a storage device. Accordingly, its contents could be copied directly to any other device on the same network.

If this is not so, could someone hit me with the clue-by-four so that I can understand why software (other than a file manager or terminal emulator native to the aforementioned networked device) would be needed for grabbing the data off of the networked SD card and used by SleepyHead / OSCAR on my computer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamMapper - "Total Disconnects" ? StratCat48 1 412 11-27-2023, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Conflicting results from PSG and Dreammapper csl1 9 607 09-01-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: csl1
  DreamMapper alternatives xaid 3 701 06-10-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: upsman
  Phillips DreamMapper APP & Dreamstation 2 Data breathingeasy 0 386 05-11-2023, 08:32 PM
Last Post: breathingeasy
  DS2 vs DreamMapper - A Quandry of Numbers StratCat48 4 896 06-17-2022, 07:08 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  A Favor if You Have the DreamMapper via a PC StratCat48 2 634 12-15-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
  DS1>DS2 and DreamMapper Access with PC Issue StratCat48 4 1,232 10-27-2021, 07:40 AM
Last Post: StratCat48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.