Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DreamStation Alternative Replacement Option
DreamStation Alternative Replacement Option
New to this forum.  I'm using a Phillips DreamStation that is part of the recall.  Per Phillips instructions I uploaded my prescription via the DreamMapper app in January but the website still says Prescription Setting Needed for Remediation.  I called them today and was told they didn't have access to my account right now as they are only fed a certain number (don't know what this means).  

Anyway, the rep suggested Option 2: Alternative replacement device setting.

Question - If you're familiar with this option, are there any pitfalls and do you know what specific device they are providing?

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Alternative Replacement Option
I think it's the device settings that are the alternative. There is a email many have received stating (paraphrased because the exact wording is not in front of me) to provide an APAP, DS1 or DS2 Advanced, set at default settings of 4-20. These settings are awful especially on Philips products BUT we can help you tune your settings or you can set them to match your existing settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2023, 12:42 PM)Gideon Wrote: I think it's the device settings that are the alternative.  There is a email many have received stating (paraphrased because the exact wording is not in front of me) to provide an APAP,  DS1 or DS2 Advanced, set at default settings of 4-20.  These settings are awful especially on Philips products BUT we can help you tune your settings or you can set them to match your existing settings.

Thank you for the reminder and the offer of assistance. I actually had the letter but I must have decided against this route at the time.  Based on the call from yesterday I don't have much confidence this will ship with the appropriate RX anytime soon.  So if I'm using a DreamStation which is an auto CPAP and they are sending an auto CPAP where I can change the settings, either by myself or with assistance, this appears a more expeditious route to take.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received my replacement unit from Philips.  My original model is DSX500H11C and they replaced it with a "Recertified Device" model DSX500S11F.  I believe/hope these units are comparable but was curious if there are any differences I should be aware of.  Actual couldn't find units that end with the F, only found DSX500S11.

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,067 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,827 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 150 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 204 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,904 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.