Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] EERS vent questions
EERS vent questions
Hi everyone, I'm pursuing EERS to treat my TESCSA and I had some questions about the new vent in the setup:
  • The EERS wiki article recommends using the Whisper Swivel 2 as the new vent, and mentions that it's noisy so an intake filter must be wrapped around it to muffle the noise.
    Does anyone have links to cheap intake filters that would be suitable for this?
  • I've seen some people on r/UARS use the P30i swivel or F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow as vents instead of the Whisper Swivel 2, but they use electrical tape to connect those to the Corr-A-Flex tubing. Does anyone know of a way to do this but without using tape i.e. is there tubing that can accomplish this?
Many thanks,
Alex

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EERS vent questions
Humancylcone7;
I doubt there is a commericial part for sale to do this .. But
I'm sure any competent machinist with a manual lathe .. 
Could turn an adapter out of plastic round stock ..
Might take an hour or two .. 

Know anyone that owns a metal lathe ??

Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
What are the inside and outside diameters of the coraflex tubing (and as an aside, where did you find any in the UK?).

Easiest way would.probably be to 3d print an adaptor which would allow the n20 clips to operate as designed.

What mask are you using (and what leak rates are you achieving?  I've found EERS very sensitive to even very small leak rates....when it works it can be great but more often than not consistently achieving the right balance
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have the dimensions of the parts, we can usually find an adapter. For example, there are 15mm to 22 mm adapters for CPAP even on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/ZephAir-Universal...B08VVRBL63 On Amaxon, plug in the search term "CPAP Tuibe Adapter" and literally dozens of options will show up.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all, sorry for the delay in responding.

So here is the link to the Corr-A-Flex I'm using: https://ventureresp.com/hudson-rci-corr-...-i-d-1680/
Inner diameter = Outside diameter = 22mm.
Unfortunately I don't know the diameter of the P30i swivel (the end that would need to attach to the Corr-A-Flex).

I managed to get the Corr-A-Flex in the UK because someone on r/UARS based in Germany had excess tubing from their own EERS construction and was kind enough to send me some.

I'm currently 'using' the F&P Vitera, and I say 'using' because I have only used it for one night (PAP therapy keeps destroying what little is left of my sleep, so I have decided to avoid it entirely until my EERS construction is ready). The leak rates on that one night weren't good, but I am hoping that with adjustments and my new RemZzzs mask liners I can keep leaks minimal — if I fail to control leaks on the Vitera I'll probably try the Löwenstein Lena (looks to be an updated version of the ResMed Mirage Quattro i.e. designed for high pressures and PS).
Post Reply Post Reply
It's amazing how difficult it is to source coraflex tube here in the UK! Can't help with p30 dimensions I'm afraid but you also mentioned using an f20 vent elbow? If that's an option I can measure mine and have a go at drawing and printing an adaptor for you. (Might take me a week or so I'm afraid)

With leak rates, you really need them less than your minute ventilation figure or EERS won't make any difference, no matter how long your extension tube is.

I've had best success with a nasal pillows mask which I've bodged together with a length of sleepweaver tube....happy to share details if you want.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most adapters have a slight taper to them so that they are self-locking when pressed together. Make sure to take accurate measurements on both ends when drawing, and don't assume it's just variation across the length.

One other word of caution in using 3D prints: the surface finish will be made of many valleys and crevices, which may harbor bacteria growth in the presence of moisture. Be prepared to perform some additional finishing steps to try and minimize this.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions guys, though as it turns out I was able to connect the P30i swivel to the Corr-A-Flex without any problem, no adapter was needed — the latter can be pushed into the former making an almost perfect seal, but just to be sure I applied some electrical tape too.

I haven't properly slept with this EERS construction yet, but when I tried it awake for 2hrs  it seemed to be leak-free and I didn't suffocate. The only problem I found is that the P30i swivel is weighted such that it has a  tendency to rotate so that the vent ends up planted into the linen/pillow which creates two problems:

1) Because the Corr-A-Flex is short (6 inch), the noise of the vent blowing air into the linen/pillow is too loud. This could be solved by just adding more tubing so the vent is further from me.
2) Quite a lot of times the vent would end up significantly blocked by the linen/pillow. I think this could only be solved by switching to a radial vent i.e. the F20 QuietAir elbow or Whisper Swivel 2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user questions LBlack 3 156 07-16-2024, 07:00 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Thoughts after less than a week, and questions SkySleep 18 467 07-14-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: SkySleep
  Inspire questions AlexB33 4 385 06-16-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Jibbs103
  ResMed F20 Mask Questions cprstn54 0 182 06-04-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: cprstn54
  Juniper's questions juniper 96 3,364 05-14-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 8 1,617 05-02-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 143 39,341 04-29-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Alfons

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.