Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] F & P ICON removing re-inserting hose elbow
F & P ICON removing re-inserting hose elbow

My machine a fisher & Paykel Icon dropped and
the hose elbow popped out of the machine
that is the part with the heater connections & elbow that swivels at the back of the machine.
I have tried to push it back but it appears to be needing to lock-in. otherwise it falls off

How do I put it back ???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F & P ICON removing re-inserting hose elbow
I have never seen an Icon in a hands on situation.. and have no idea of how it should reconnect.

But if it was a car or motorcycle and had a part that looked similar to what that fitting does, I would be looking for a missing circlip type piece that may have dropped inside the humidifier. 

Alternatively it may be a fitting that you put in and rotate 90 deg. until it locks in place.. 

The grooves next to the black rubber O-ring suggest either of those possibilities. 

If nothing else my suggestions will give you something to investigate until someone who actually removed / installed one comes along to tell you how it fits up.
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply
I tipped the machine upside down and yes there is a large plastic circlip which I fished out.
Looks like I will have to take the whole machine apart to re-incert.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2020, 05:27 AM)gofinn Wrote: I tipped the machine upside down and yes there is a large plastic circlip which I fished out.
Looks like I will have to take the whole machine apart to re-incert.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Just take it slow as you go.. and don't force anything off or on.

If you can't figure it out then hopefully someone here will be able to give you specific guidance on the techniques to get it sorted and back in action. 
Coffee
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 346 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 231 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,318 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.