Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Filters in general and the ResMed 11
Filters in general and the ResMed 11
This is part question and part rant.  I hope that's okay. 

Why are equipment supplier brand filters so expensive?  
Am I taking risks buying after market filters from Amazon? 
Is it viable to buy some filter media and just cut to size?

I can buy a filter for my furnace for under $10 CAD it's  maybe 20" x20"

A Resmed filter is $7 CAD  and is about 1" x 1 1/2"

I quietly bought my filters when I purchased a  new mask from an online supplier.   Now Resmed has barred them from selling the 11 products.   IDKW. So I have to go elsewhere for my filters.   This has caused  me to question the whole issue.  Also, I have read some headlines about the amount of plastics humans are breathing.   I prefer to not add to that through false economy. 

So ...... what do you think?
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Filters in general and the ResMed 11
I've been using after-market Amazon filters for 5 years, change the filter every month & never had a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect it is something you wouldn't have noticed,  but maybe microscopic bits of whatever it is turning up in your lungs.

I'm probably overthinking this.  

Do you use one of the suppliers on the list?
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
The filter is to protect the machine, not the user. There air into the machine is the same air you breath throughout the day and has no higher content of microscopic particles.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] AirSense 11 filters: ResMed v Generic BobinHI 2 447 06-29-2024, 12:24 AM
Last Post: BobinHI
  [CPAP] Help with deep sleep and general data (Lowenstein Prisma) usernameissleepy2396 4 484 06-05-2024, 02:55 PM
Last Post: usernameissleepy2396
  [Equipment] CPAP settings and general advice needed JwBryce16 3 412 05-12-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: JwBryce16
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 434 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 2,221 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 2,881 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  General Issues Lusk 3 523 01-22-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.