Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] HDM Q tube sound baffle
HDM Q tube sound baffle
I've been getting used to the HDM Z1 auto and so far things are going well. I have the Q tube baffle attached inline in the tubing and it seems to be helpful in reducing noise. The instructions for the Q tube say to disconnect it from the tubing, open it, take out the foam lining and air it out every day, if I understand them, which I possibly may not.

I have a really hard time getting the Q tube open so I've been leaving it in place, taking the downstream tubing off, and letting the Z1 run for a while to air it out. I have no humidifier function (that would get it wet) and it's six feet of tubing away from my mask so I doubt I'm exhaling into it. Also, this is not a humid area and I'm not getting any condensation on any part of the equipment. 

Do I really have to disassemble this every day in order to keep it from growing mold or bacteria? Does anyone have a good hack for keeping it dry and free of contamination? If replacing the foam in the baffle regularly is all I really need to do how often should I do that? The replacement foam piece is not expensive. Are there any good techniques for getting it apart or back together (I know how but it's too hard on my hands and I don't to force it)?

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HDM Q tube sound baffle
Hi SleepBunny,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question, good luck to you as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 109 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 192 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 288 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.