Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] High blood pressure
RE: High blood pressure

Can you please say me something???

I changed EPR
Post Reply Post Reply
Your chart looks better.   The problem is having both flow limits (Limite de Fluxo) and CA's (Via Aerea Livre).  To treat one you will affect the other.  How do you feel?  Has your blood pressure gone down?   Try sleeping slightly elevated and on your side.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I’m feeling better, but BP didn’t dropped 
By the way my heart rate is too low (47)I have a smart watch which my cardiologist told me to use, and for two times it warned me my bpm were down 50 for more then 10m , do you think this can have something to do with Apap??
I didn’t understand what you mean when you say: the problem is having both flow limits and CAs
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Your pulse is not bad. Mine drops into the upper 30s all the time. Your thread title is, "High Blood Pressure", but you never provided your BP. What is it?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As for flow limits versus CA: flow limits are partial obstructive apnea, but are not a full strength apnea or Hypopnea. To treat these, pressure goes up and might benefit with Exhale Pressure Relief/EPR or Pressure Support. CA are Central Apnea, these are apnea but no airway blockage. To treat these, you typically treat by avoiding higher pressures. That is the area they are opposite. To treat one and make the numbers go down, the opposite will probably go up.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before CPAP I already have high Bp , 130-90 
140-90 during the night these values usually went up 
First week I start using CPAP they dropped 130-80, second and third week 110-60,120-70
I went to cardiologist who told me to reduce my Bp meds, which I did
With CPAP at 14-7 I started to feel pressure inside my head and my Bp raised to 150-90
160-10, went again to cardiologist,and my sleep dr
First one put me on two Bp meds which aren’t working( Bp at the best is 140-90 )
The other one put me with a fix pressure of ten, this didn’t work either all my apnea symptoms backed, so later she put me on 14/7 again ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Limari,
IMT has been shown in multiple studies to lower Blood Pressure significantly.
Inspiratory Muscle Training.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...7311017980

Magnesium is very important and it is difficult to get sufficient in your diet. It may take up to 6 weeks of supplementation to get your body stores up to see improvements.  

There is a book about it by
Jay S. Cohen called The Magnesium Solution for Hypertension.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I am thinking to start taking it again
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 701 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,427 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.