Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] High blood pressure
RE: High blood pressure
Hi Glen
Yes it runs in the family, mother and father and brothers too
The thing is mine dropped when I first start using Apap and all of the sudden it raised to 150/90 and don’t drop even with meds
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on a PM from Limari, I am posting the instructions on how to take a screenshot in OSCAR here to help others. Because of language differences, I am trying to be as direct as possible.

Taking and Saving a Screenshot in OSCAR
  1. Open OSCAR
  2. Go to the Daily Screen
  3. Select the day/date you want to capture.
  4. Press the F12 key.
  5. Chose a location on your PC where you will store the image.
    (Note: Make sure it is a location that you can easily find.)

*** Screenshot taken! ***

Posting a Screenshot Here
  1. Go to the topic (thread) on the Apnea Board you wish to add a screenshot.
  2. Press New Reply or Reply.
  3. Write your message.
  4. Below the editor, look for, the Attachments section and the New Attachment: listing.
  5. Select Browse....
  6. Select the image stored on your PC and press Open.
  7. Select Add Attachment - It will then be displayed in the Attachments area.
  8. Select Insert Into Post.
Your image is now in your post!

I hope this will help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2020, 12:43 PM)Limari Wrote: Hi Glen
The thing is mine dropped when I first start using Apap and all of the sudden it raised to 150/90 and don’t drop even with meds

Yep, I know the feeling… I’ve had mine go down when I made some major lifestyle changes only To have it to go back up. 10 years ago, I lost 60 pounds which brought me back into the ideal weight tables, and it went down for about six months, then staying at the same weight, it’s slowly creeped back to where it is now. Another time I decided to take up running, worked my way up to a half marathon, and ran for several years every day, It went down, and then went back up slowly… So now I just take medication, still work out regularly, and watch my diet.
Glen in Ft Lauderdale

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much
Once at home I will try to do it

Tonight I am trying to post  Oscar files and maybe someone can help me 
Hopping it is a matter of Apap pressure
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
Try: Ramp Off - Pressure 7 Min and 9 Max.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2020, 01:09 PM)Glen e Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 12:43 PM)Limari Wrote: Hi Glen

Yep, I know the feeling… I’ve had mine go down when I made some major lifestyle changes only To have it to go back up. 10 years ago, I lost 60 pounds which brought me back into the ideal weight tables, and it went down for about six months, then staying at the same weight, it’s slowly creeped back to where it is now. Another time I decided to take up running, worked my way up to a half marathon, and ran for several years every day, It went down, and then went back up slowly… So now I just take medication, still work out regularly, and watch my diet.

Before I read this reply, I was on the same track. Our new friend had high BP prior to diagnosis, so there was a precursor already in place.

A diet rich in carbohydrates, especially the refined empty kinds, might be the issue if weight gain and insulin resistance were already in place. Genetics, as well, might predispose a person at some age to go into hypertension. Stress will do this, as well as lack of fitness and intractable problems that defy every earnest effort at their resolution.  Add lack of sleep or other medications, too.

There is a natural tendency to think in terms of the “post hoc” fallacy. If the problem follows a significant change, it must be because of the change. Not so. The two events might be purely coincident in time, and could just as well have happened reversed.

Anyway, it rarely hurts to be open to tinkering with any health regimen, and CPAP is no different. Just be open to seeing coincident problems that might have much more power over your blood pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately I won’t be able to do that, my pressure is set by my pulmonologist if I do that she will know
Here at Portugal although we can choose ours drs if they are or not public, government provides our Cpaps it’s a public service that way I have my pulmonologist who was choosing by me and this dr choose the CPAP company to work with
So I have my pulmo and a technician who remotely sets my Apap under pulmonologist orders 
Although it’s possible for me to change pressure ??
What do you think it’s wrong with my therapy?( pressure I know ) but what can you see on my Oscar files?
Is it possible that I change settings and they don’t noticed? Just wonder?
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't tell you how to navigate your medical system but will tell you virtually everyone that comes to this site adjusts their own pressure. the apnea med system, seemingly worldwide if apnea board membership is any indication, is slow, inefficient and largely ineffective. in the U.S., the system is concerned about compliance and not much more so many people go with their providers long enough to establish compliance and take matters into their own hands after that with guidance from experienced folks here. if you decide you want to take some control and you haven't already obtained a clinical manual for your machine, click on 'cpap setup manuals' at the top of this page.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your support 
I know how to change settings I’m just afraid because my therapist will know it
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 693 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,422 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.