Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Have you ever busted your hose?
This poll is closed.
Yes
33.33%
4 33.33%
No
66.67%
8 66.67%
Now that you mention it, I'm going to go examine mine closely right away.
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Equipment] Hosebusters!
Hosebusters!
Who you gonna call?

Although the machine was put into service just a month ago, it was bought originally as a backup last autumn, so it's probably too late to call and ask for a refund or replacement.

The heated hose on my wife's DreamStation was discovered last night to have a good size tear about halfway down. Despite switching around among a few different mask models and sizes, my wife has been complaining for a while now of being "starved for air." Night after night we tried to adjust her mask angle, tightness, etc., but I kept hearing a pretty loud air leak, which I wrote off to her being a CPAP neophyte or having a uniquely sculpted nose. Then last night she located the 1 cm gash in the hose. Granted, she has been moving the entire setup around quite a bit these first weeks, so it's certainly possible it got snagged at some point. Luckily I had a backup (unheated) hose I was able to substitute on the spot, and last night she said she finally got the comfortable night's sleep CPAP therapy had been promised to deliver. We'll keep using that for the time being unless rainout becomes a problem.

I don't know how common this may be. I've been using the exact same equipment for a year and a half. My hose is still as solid as the day I first started using it.

So, the poll question is: Have you ever busted your hose?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hosebusters!
Yes, I have but it was a none OME hose from Supplier #2 that came with my S9. The hoses I got from them with the S10 VAuto were the genuine article so I don't expect any problems. To make a long story short, gaffer tape solved the problem as the tear was very close to where the hose went into the machine. I've since discarded that hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I busted my hose when my machine fell down. I ordered a new one from a different supplier and then repacked the busted one into the packaging and asked for a replacement since 'they' send me a busted one, now i have two working ones.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not yet. But that’s why I have purchased the Resmed brand hose. The cheep generic ones do not seam to be as sturdy.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Just the heating element stopped working after 8 months. No big deal as I always keep a spare plus 8 months is a reasonable lifespan for a hose.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Not yet...

It could happen to anyone too various reasons, but I've not encountered this yet. The key word is YET.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The original Respironics heated hose for my DreamStation tore next to the coupler on the mask end after a little over 6 months. I’m not sure what happened, but since it lasted past the insurance replacement interval I was satisfied.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, it's never happened to me.

I always keep a backup hose just in case.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.