Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] How useful is a hose cover?
RE: How useful is a hose cover?
Hi PaulaBunyan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I have several hose covers, including a homeade one, I use them with a heated hose, and I really like them.
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The covers are (mostly) to stop rainout from condensation.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a hose cover on a non-heated hose.  Love it.

Yes - less noise as mentioned in prior posts.
Yes - rainout has not returned since I started using it.
No - my mouth still gets very dry if/when I mouth breathe.
Yes - with humidifier set to 7 it seems to provide comfortably warm air.
Yes - cheap enough and worth the price.

You could always wrap your hose with foam pipe insulation.
Yes - I am kidding.  Don't do that.  That would be a funny sight to see.

Buy a hose wrap and see what you think.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2020, 10:37 AM)lacro Wrote: Is there one cover that gets the best reviews. Like everything today, there are way too many choices.

I have used several fleece covers.  They work well, but they can be a pain in the keister to put on the hose.  ResMed has one that has a full-length zipper.  It's great. It also has a nylon cover that slides nicely against sheets and comforters.  I believe they also have one that is made for their Slim-Line tubing.  Look for them at any DME that carries ResMed.  Amazon and eBay have them as well, I think.
MikeyT

In the Thumb of Michigan.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a ResMed AutoSense 10 AutoSet.
I have a ClimateLine heated hose.  
This machine has a humidifier pot for humidity control.

In the machine's menu I can adjust the ClimateLine tube temperature, called Tube Temp. on the display from off, and 60 to  86 degrees.

Then there is Climate Control - this is for the humidity.  Either auto or manual.
In auto, the Humidity Level line disappears.  ResMed is now in control.
In manual, the Humidity Level line appears and you can control from off, then 1-8 settings for humidity.  I have mine set on 4.

My settings:
Climate Control - manual
Humidity Level - 4
Tube Temp. - 72

These are nice settings to have.  We turn the heat down to 62 at night and my nose and mouth get 72F air.

I also use a zippered hose cover.  It isn't for rainout of keeping the air tube warm.  It is for protecting my nice night stand from scratches and from the tube making noise against it.  It is a RespLabs Medical Inc. cover.  I love the zipper.  Makes for easy cleaning by unzipping and washing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what brand my hose cover is, but it has a full length zipper, which makes for easy on /off. 

And, it's tactical black in color.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,631 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 282 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 259 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 629 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,371 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 569 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 692 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.