Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] How useful is a hose cover?
RE: How useful is a hose cover?
I wasn't aware that hose covers might perform differently. Still not sure!

Anyways, mine is fleece and it' just a bit bigger around that the diameter of my machine's hose. That way, it doesn't get all bunched up. It moves about freely on the hose. 

It works well and makes the hose literally silent if it happens to rub on something. It has a full-length zipper, as I would imagine most would have. Easy on and easy off.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW Snuggle Hose is on my wish list. It's rated good and cheap enough.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2020, 10:14 AM)Osiris357 Wrote: My RT told me that the heated hose was useless because you can’t change the settings. He couldn’t have been more wrong. I have a heated hose and a hose wrap. For me the hose wrap make the hose silent. 

Here is the chart that tells you what the different settings give you.

https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...sa_eng.pdf

That's really helpful! Thank you!

My sleep-doc-from-heck had a unique answer.  I asked him, "What's new with cpap treatment?" He said, "Nothing." "Except for heated hoses. But they don't work."  Thank heaven he retired.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2020, 11:15 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: FWIW Snuggle Hose is on my wish list. It's rated good and cheap enough.

Snuggles skins states they are not recommended for a heated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Snuggle skins? SnuggleHose is what you’re looking for
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL I missed your post. You’re welcome
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, all, for your replies.

I had not been using the preheat feature. That helps. Last night I used the machine for over 4 hours for the first time.

I'm going to order the hose cover. It's not that expensive to give one a try.

I have avoided a heated tube because of concerns about EMF. I am following a thread in this forum on that subject for further info.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I posted a thank-you note last night, but I don't see it here.

So, again, thanks for the replies.

Using the preheat function helps. The last two nights I got over 4 hours CPAP time, for the first time.

I'm going to order a hose cover. It's not an expensive thing to try.

I was hoping to avoid a heated hose because of concerns about EMF's. I'm following a thread on that topic elsewhere on this forum and hoping to understand that issue better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2020, 08:29 PM)Osiris357 Wrote: DaveL I missed your post. You’re welcome

I wish there was an emphasis on sleep quality when they make masks and equipment.It's hard to wear all this stuff.  I've done it for more than 30 years.

I've found that I have to watch my results on OSCAR. I have to go to bed on schedule, and get up on schedule to get enough curative sleep. The minimum for compliance here is an index of less than 5, and at least 4 hours of treatment. That ain't good enough.

I want equipment that works if I have to wear the stuff for hours every night. Mine does; it's getting old.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I got a hose cover and can't tell any difference in air temperature at my nose, but I'm not using a heated hose. I'm getting used to sleeping with a cold nose.

I gather that the cover does help if you are using a heated hose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need best way to secure my hose/tube sleepingbetterinFl 2 90 04-21-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,724 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 299 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 272 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 654 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,396 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 577 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.