Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Humidification problem
Humidification problem
I have been using cpap since 2003 with great success. Initially my AHI i was 6, I purchased my own cpap and life was good. I spent a lot of time in 2017-2018 trying to get a new cpap, finally dozing off while driving and a minor car accident helped me get my wish. My AHI had increased to 15 and I was welcomed into the land of DMEs, free stuff and sleep drs.

Initially, I was sleeping in a very cold room and blamed the humidification problems on the room. I moved to a new place and still have problems, such as nasal swelling, dryness, bleeding.  In 2002 I had a pesticide exposure developed anaphylaxis an incurable sinus infection leading to surgery. I also developed moderate asthma. I live in a state where the pesticide is restricted, that is the only allergy I have tested positive for and do not have chronic sinus issues.

At level 3 humidification I have bleeding and humidifier uses very little water.
At level 4 I have nasal issues because the humidifier runs out of water.

I had noticed the connector doesn't have a tight fit and the machine makes noises when my pressure is higher later at night and that is when I run out of water. I've been taping the connector which stopped the noises but not the humidificaiton problem. Sleep doc orders new hose. DME leaves me a message that it is normal to hear air coming from mask and cancels order.

New roommate steals things including my pseudoephedrine. I developed a nasty sinus infection which triggered asthma. I missed an entire week of work and now wake myself in middle of night to refill humidifier.

I furiously call DME who determines that I am mouth breathing and is ordering a chin strap and a full face mask. Is this possibly what I need? I've never mouth breathed before and am a bit confused. What about the leaky fitting? My average pressure is around 12. My max is usually 15 with short forays into 17 some nights.

This setting my alarm and awakening in the middle of the night is a problem as it takes me hours to fall asleep or I never do fall back asleep. I'm as tired as if I don't use cpap.

What can I do?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,475 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,271 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 393 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.