Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] I cannot set a new configuration on the equipment
I cannot set a new configuration on the equipment
I have a CPAP Resmed S9 Autoset + Hi5 Humidifier. For 6 years I functioned smoothly having a normal apnea rate between 0.5 and 1 for about 6 years ... during that time I never had discomfort, however as of February 9, 2020 the team woke me up during the night with a very high pressure and still awake this does not diminish what becomes unbearable ... being awake I try to make a prolonged inspiration and the team increases its pressure without subsequently decreasing it. I am electronic and I estimate that some sensor is having problems, however and I have tried to change the configuration from 4 min 20 max to 4 min 12 max and the ramp what I can do in the SD memory but when I insert it into the device it does not take the New configuration He asks me if I want to overwrite the data ... if I tell him if it fits the old parameters and if I tell him he doesn't ask me to take out the memory to start the treatment ... how can I make the device adopt the configuration recorded on the card SD?
Help me!!
    Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I cannot set a new configuration on the equipment
Hi rabuvi!  -  Welcome
Some quick math shows that your CPAP should be around 17500 hours.  That can be considered as "End-of-Life".  How are you changing the pressure?  Using ResScan?  If not, you need to enter the clinician menu and adjust the pressure range on the CPAP directly.  To enter the clinician menu, hold down both the big button and the smaller lower button (Setup) for about 4 seconds.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is this team you are talking about?

Are you having settings done remotely?

Also, I’ve used an S9 for years, and have no idea how an SD card can configure a machine.

It might be the number of hours used, but you need to request an S9 clinical manual from this site, and make changes yourself. If they still don’t work, you might need a new machine.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe that the "team" is a bad translation for "machine".  English is not his primary language.  There are 2 ways to modify a Resmed S9 CPAP.  One is through the clinician's menu and the second way is to use ResScan while reviewing the SD card's data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
John I think the "team" might be a Google translate error for "machine".

It's theoretically possible to change the settings on the SD card using ResScan. Change the settings, save to the card then insert into the machine. The problem is, if you're using a later model Windows computer (and possibly other operating systems) your computer will write index files to the card which the S9 sees as a corruption, then wants to format the card.

Rabuvi, It seems your computer has written extra files to your card which the S9 won't accept. The machine will format the card, and your changes will be lost. It's better to enter the changes into the machine manually. Go to this link and request the clinician manual for your machine: https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual The manual will contain full instructions on how to configure your machine manually.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. I’ve used Rescan for years and never knew changes could be made to the settings and then saved to an SD card.

I’ve saved my downloaded data to the computer. I wasn’t aware there was an option to save anything to the card.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
A quick warning about the ResScan route. It will reformat the SD card, losing all its data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2020, 09:22 PM)70sSanO Wrote: Thanks for the info.  I’ve used Rescan for years and never knew changes could be made to the settings and then saved to an SD card.

In Resscan use the menu option Tools | Device Settings or else click on the Settings icon. You need to have the SD card attached otherwise you'll just get an error. This should work OK with your Airsense 10 or an S9 with an older operating system (eg Windows 7) But Windows 8 and later "corrupts" the card and the S9 won't accept it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Grateful for your information ... My language is Spanish and I have used a translator to report my problem. Thanks Crimson Nape, Deep Breathing and 70sSanO. Finally I could make the required changes and now I will test the results.
  Rabuvi
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a download link to files that will turn off, or back on, the system file writing to the SD card:
SysVolWrite.zip
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 546 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Successful equipment modification tcurran 8 551 01-05-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  hammer44 - ASV Therapy Equipment Question hammer44 11 601 01-01-2024, 01:47 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] CPAP Equipment Selection mgonthier 1 333 09-13-2023, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  What to do with "old" equipment? Paul Van Benschoten 10 938 06-30-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What's the quickest easiest way to clean your CPAP equipment? WWu777 24 3,733 03-06-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: nelamvr6

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.