Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Is Bipap S / T automatic?
RE: Is Bipap S / T automatic?
I want to see nightly charts as you posted. You have many events turned off.
In the lower left and lower right you have dropdowns for events and charts, make sure everything is green on both and try again please.
Post Reply Post Reply
EN -Now all green icons. Attached report.

PT - Agora todos os ícones verdes. Relatório anexado

I'm Sorry by the language. My Google Chrome was configured to translate automatically from english. When I wrote in your language, the browser was translating it automatically before publishing
Post Reply Post Reply
Your current settings are 25 cm IPAP and 14 cm EPAP. The difference from IPAP-EPAP= 11.0 cm which is Pressure Support (PS).

With PS so high, the ventilation is removing too much carbon dioxide from your blood, and this reduces your respiratory drive causing the central apnea. To solve this problem, Bonjour recommends you change your settings to IPAP 18.0, EPAP 14.0. Also, due to limitations with your version of Sleepyhead, we do not know machine settings. Are you using BiPAP S or BiPAP ST mode? If you are using ST mode, what is the timed backup rate in breaths per minute (BPM). Using the backup rate may help you to trigger breaths when central apnea occurs.

What you really need is the new version of Oscar which is currently in beta testing. Your machine is poorly supported by Sleepyhead and the current version of OSCAR. Bonjour is the best one to help you with that problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The BPM is in 10
Post Reply Post Reply
A backup rate of 10 BPM is appropriate for your respiration rate of 13 BPM. What was your diagnosis? The BiPAP ST is a therapy machine for individuals with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or hypoventilation problems. It is not a good therapy device for central apnea. We can help you better if we understand why you are using a BiPAP ST.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My diagnosis is yes of apnea.
So did I get the wrong equipment?
Post Reply Post Reply
We need to differentiate between obstructive apnea and central apnea. The ST does treat obstructive apnea well, but you must avoid large differences between IPAP and EPAP. The normal pressure support is 4-cm, but as we noted, you had yours set to 11 cm which will cause central apnea. We really need to turn that down and use a setting for EPAP of 14 and IPAP of 18.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. Now I understand it.
Yesterday I adjusted my Bipap in EPAP 16.
Today I am very better.

Next Night I will test in EPAP 18 to compare.

But today I didn`t get read the informations by my bipap in software.

I`m waiting the Bounhour`s feedbabk about Oscar beta.

Thank you for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
bonjour has set you up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received it bounjour. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 689 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd
  Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV VS BiPAP S/T? racprops 1 520 08-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  [Equipment] ResMed S8 Autoset automatic on/off? Dolphin Jockey 14 8,738 06-26-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: ottobrito

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.