Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Longtime BiPAP w/ centrals needs new machine advice
RE: Longtime BiPAP w/ centrals needs new machine advice
Wow guys. Thank you so much for getting back in touch so fast. I am so sleepy today it's affecting me.
I cannot sleep on my back. After 3 spinal fusions etc. it's so painful to lay on my back I will awaken from sleep from just 15 mins lying on my back. Same holds true for my right side since my right femur was broken in 4 places. I can only sleep on one side.
I will get a soft collar and try it out as I most likely did tuck my chin.
Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Longtime BiPAP w/ centrals needs new machine advice
If this helps that's great. I have to lie on my left side frequently for some back issues and GERD/acid reflux. I need to get a proper pillow to sleep comfortable and to be sure my head doesn't slide off during the night. I was given the tip to side sleep properly, get a pillow that is thick enough to equal the distance from the side of your neck to the outer edge of your shoulder. To do so and not have your head roll or slide off while asleep consider a buckwheat fill pillow. I will consider getting one next month, so I'll be doing a refresher research on it. Even so, the point is proper pillows can be shaped to support correctly yet be of such type that your head doesn't slide off it which can setup the positional apnea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,251 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AHI increasing and centrals michaelyu15 0 86 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,525 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 223 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 328 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 17 588 03-31-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.